Help!!

Options
marygirl05
marygirl05 Posts: 254 Member
Ok so I am trying to eat this regular oatmeal for breakfast and it is so gross that i really am debating on going to get something different for food. I am so tempted to walk to McDonalds I have done so good I am down 32 pounds since I started but i can't bare to eat this oatmeal for one more bite. This is all i have until lunch time. I am just in the mood today where I don't care.... Need motivation to move past it.

Replies

• acarmelo1
    acarmelo1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I hate oatmeat

Go to Mcdonalds Eat a :
    Mcdonald's - Sausage Mcmuffin With Egg and Cheese
    Calories 440

But go Jogging, not walking ;)
  • WAS287GOAL170
    WAS287GOAL170 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The egg white delite is only 400 something WITH a hashbrown. I hate oatmeal.
  • marygirl05
    Options
    I hate oatmeat

Go to Mcdonalds Eat a :
    Mcdonald's - Sausage Mcmuffin With Egg and Cheese
    Calories 440

But go Jogging, not walking ;)

I am way to overweight to go jogging sorry.. I love oatmeal just not this regular crap.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    <shudder> By the time I've mixed enough brown sugar stuff into oatmeal to make it possible to eat it, it's really not particularly healthy any more.

Any particular reason you have to eat oatmeal? Lots of other things you can eat for breakfast. If you like eggs, they're not all that bad. Hillshire Farms has a smoked turkey saussage that is extremely tasty and very low calorie per serving. Or my go-to breakfast -- a spinach / frozen fruit / protein powder smoothie (if you don't like green smoothies, using yogurt is doggone tasty too).

Life's too short to eat food you don't like.
  • patchworkpuppet
    patchworkpuppet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    McDonald's has a fruit and yogurt parfait which is super delicious... and I think it's only 225 calories or something. That said, I would just try putting fruit or skim milk in your oatmeal! I also like it with a pinch of brown sugar :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if you want the mcdonalds, eat it... just makes ure it fits in your calories and macros.
  • marygirl05
    Options
    <shudder> By the time I've mixed enough brown sugar stuff into oatmeal to make it possible to eat it, it's really not particularly healthy any more.

Any particular reason you have to eat oatmeal? Lots of other things you can eat for breakfast. If you like eggs, they're not all that bad. Hillshire Farms has a smoked turkey saussage that is extremely tasty and very low calorie per serving. Or my go-to breakfast -- a spinach / frozen fruit / protein powder smoothie (if you don't like green smoothies, using yogurt is doggone tasty too).

Life's too short to eat food you don't like.
    I am at work so that is all I had time to grab this morning after I got both kids ready and the hubby ready for work and we were already running 5 mins late.
  • marygirl05
    Options
    if you want the mcdonalds, eat it... just makes ure it fits in your calories and macros.
    What are macros?
  • walzllw
    walzllw Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Don't eat oatmeal. I had a turkey sandwhich on low calorie bread for breakfast. 180 cals and I am satisfied.
  • jenanon1
    jenanon1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have bacon in a small bread roll, or a poached egg in a small bread roll every morning - the protein really seems to work to keep me going until lunchtime. You don't have to have oatmeal, just have whatever you fancy that fits in your calories and will keep you going until lunchtime (and hopefully isn't loaded with fat and sugar, but even if it is it doesn't really matter!)
  • marygirl05
    Options
    I have bacon in a small bread roll, or a poached egg in a small bread roll every morning - the protein really seems to work to keep me going until lunchtime. You don't have to have oatmeal, just have whatever you fancy that fits in your calories and will keep you going until lunchtime (and hopefully isn't loaded with fat and sugar, but even if it is it doesn't really matter!)

Ya i normally eat whatever fits but today i just had to grab and go so we could get the kids to the sitters on time and both of us to work on time.
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You could always try some greek yogurt with granola, great protein! I sometimes pair it with a hard boiled egg or two, depending on how I'm feeling.
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal. I like to add blueberries, brownsugar and cinnamon to it. YUM. Try that. Just add in the calories. Doesn't have to be a great deal of sugar, just enough to make it yummy. Oatmeal is wonderful!
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    What are macros?

Macros = macronutrients (Protein, Fat , Carbs)
  • kanyid
    kanyid Posts: 1
    Options
    You are stuck in a rut...easy place to be. I have been eating my own home-made version of an egg mcmuffin and it really is not bad calorie-wise. I use the Thomas slim sliced bagels (110), 1 egg (70), 1 piece of lunchmeat ham (35) and a sprinkle of cheese (35). For 250 calories, I have a yummy breakfast that sustains me. I have a microwave poacher that can only do 2 eggs at a time. It is so convenient, quick. Funny thing is that my whole family is now copying me and eating them too as they are delish!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am trying to eat this regular oatmeal for breakfast and it is so gross that i really am debating on going to get something different for food. I am so tempted to walk to McDonalds I have done so good I am down 32 pounds since I started but i can't bare to eat this oatmeal for one more bite. This is all i have until lunch time. I am just in the mood today where I don't care.... Need motivation to move past it.

Personally I love oatmeal. I add stuff like vanilla, brown sugar, raspberries, blueberries, peanut butter, honey, at different times. Find a combination that works for you. Flavor it up! Just eating it plain is boring.
  • marygirl05
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your support and help. Got through the oatmeal and tonight I will plan better and get everything ready for the morning. I know I can make it to lunch so I am good.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    1 - If you don't like it, why do you continue to eat it? You can have yogurt instead.
    2 - Add a sweetener to it.
  • herzvonmir07
    herzvonmir07 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am the say way about oatmeal. I actually started mixing in peanut butter with mine and even throwing a banana in there! I actually love eating it like this and do not need to add ANY sugar to it, short of what is in the peanut butter. It is worth a try!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

One more thing - if it fits your macros and your calories, it's okay to eat McDonald's once in a while.