STOMACH STILL HUNGRY I CHEATED

Options
Morning folks.
I am in the second week of working out and getting my life together and better. I slipped last night and ate 9 pieces of Publix friend Chicken. Now trust me I ate good foods in the morning for lunch, carrot throughout the day on top of a orange and bananna for my snacks. Yet I was still hungry for the first time last night. I also ate Aabig portion of Pinto Beans, Brown Rice, Orange Carrots, and Borcoli mixed togather wit choped up chicken breast .
Last week, this was more than enough and I wasnt feeling so hungry. I think this week, because I used less Pinto Beans, My stomach has been growling a lot more in the evening. Im assuming Im going to have to add more pinto beans again, but does anyone else have advice on why a person get very hungry at night after eating right all day?

BTW going to add more water to drink also. I might have fallen off the horse but I'm climbing back on right away

Replies

• krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    it happens. I didn't eat well yesterday either. I would suggest though that if you're getting so hungry at night to either up your calories slightly at dinner to help prevent this or allow yourself to eat to your maintenance level when you're feeling this way. In general I've found that if I eat to maintenance or close to it, I tend to do much better the next day.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Two things come to mind.

One is to double check that the calorie goal you have set is appropriate for your body and any fitness goals you may have. Your diary is set to private so we can't see whether or not it is.

And two is to eat more protein, fats, and fiber throughout the day. These help us stay fuller and more satiated so you're less likely to binge. Fruits and veggies are great, but add in some snacks like nuts, hard boiled eggs, jerky, cheese, etc.
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Two things come to mind.

One is to double check that the calorie goal you have set is appropriate for your body and any fitness goals you may have. Your diary is set to private so we can't see whether or not it is.

And two is to eat more protein, fats, and fiber throughout the day. These help us stay fuller and more satiated so you're less likely to binge. Fruits and veggies are great, but add in some snacks like nuts, hard boiled eggs, jerky, cheese, etc.

And WATER WATER WATER. It is your best friend!
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    I feel like the worse I eat, the more hungry I get. I cheated this weekend - a lot - and it was hard to get back on track on Monday because I feel like I am starving even though I know that I am not.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    You may want to add some healthy fat like avocado or olive oil to your pinto beans and rice. I found a little fat can really help satisfy.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    funny when my belly is making noises after I eat I assume it's digestion not my stomache growling out of hunger.
  • pamnz
    pamnz Posts: 6
    Options
    When I get absolutely ravenous I get a small serving of homemade soup. For some reason this tides me over until the next meal without a bunch of calories. Also, you've got to splurge some. Life is too short to be miserable when you don't have to be. BTW tummy growling is not necessarily related to hunger, could just be your digestive system at work.
  • flabbybunker
    flabbybunker Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions folks I appreciate it .
  • snowbune27
    snowbune27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I never believe it when people tell me I'm probably just thirsty... because "no, i really truly do feel HUNGRY!!!" but sure enough, if I gulp two glasses of water, I'm set. (or if I do eat something, I really can't fit much in).
  • flabbybunker
    flabbybunker Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I never believe it when people tell me I'm probably just thirsty... because "no, i really truly do feel HUNGRY!!!" but sure enough, if I gulp two glasses of water, I'm set. (or if I do eat something, I really can't fit much in).

True. I started the water thing last night. Its a starting journey. I do feel a lot less hungry with carrots and water by my side now.