Canada Day party Ideas?

Options
sillyvalentine
sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
I am throwing a huge Canada Day party this year and I want it to be spectacular!

I have made up formal invitations, hand made, and they are so great!

I have trivia questions and Canada themed prizes to give away. I am making tons of Canada Day themed food. The yard and house will be decked out with Canada banners and flags.

I would like your thoughts on games, trivia, food, drinks...anything you can think of that would make this party rock! It will be mostly outdoor, in the yard.

Fireworks will be taken care of by the town, at night we will all head to the lake to watch them.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• sillyvalentine
    Options
    bump
  • ils_1231
    ils_1231 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    too early lol
  • sillyvalentine
    Options
    too early lol

No way! It's coming up fast! Invites go out June 1st! That's less than 3 months away!
  • theseus82
    theseus82 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Buy a sunlamp and gather round to get some actual sunlight. It will be a hit!
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    It's March...

Also if I come
    tumblr_m1ezkhMyv31r2fq6so1_500.gif
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Double post
  • sillyvalentine
    Options
    Buy a sunlamp and gather round to get some actual sunlight. It will be a hit!

It's Canada not Antarctica. We get sunlight in July, for a few days ;)
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    You need to include: Bloody Caesars, Canadian Beer....hm, what foods? Poutine? Maple bacon? Lawn darts are fun to play.
  • sillyvalentine
    Options
    You need to include: Bloody Caesars, Canadian Beer....hm, what foods? Poutine? Maple bacon? Lawn darts are fun to play.

I thought lawn darts got outlawed? Well, we will have kids and dogs walking around so maybe not
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Everything white n red...
    serve drinks that are layered red white red..... i did that once for st Patrick day green white orange...
    ..... my advice just totally go all out "corny" red white red..... lol and bacon
  • sillyvalentine
    Options
    Everything white n red...
    serve drinks that are layered red white red..... i did that once for st Patrick day green white orange...
    ..... my advice just totally go all out "corny" red white red..... lol and bacon

Oh I am! I wasn't gonna have bacon because it's so greasy but I think I will make a bunch of bacon wrapped app's.