Figuring out Calories Burned..

Options
I need some help . . or maybe my question is just really simple.

I am re-starting Insanity and I don't want to buy a Heart Rate Monitor to figure out how many calories I burn during the workouts...
Any tips on figuring out a rough idea on how much is burned?

I do almost every workout the best that I can (stopping a few times to catch my breath & grab a drink of water, any ideas?

Replies

• mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    A) Why dont you want to buy one?

B) You could take your pulse for 6 seconds and then multiply it by 10. Then enter it in a calculator. The web has HR calculators. Then once it tells you how many cals your burned...i'd only count 75% of that to make up for error.

HRM is more accurate tho ....
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    even though you don't want to, in order to get a more accurate idea of how many calories you are burning you will need to get a hrm.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i have the same issue. doing insanity but not sure about calories burned. i mostly don't want to buy an HRM cause of the cost. but, thinking i might just do it. suggestions on models that work best?
  • illbebe
    illbebe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i have the same issue. doing insanity but not sure about calories burned. i mostly don't want to buy an HRM cause of the cost. but, thinking i might just do it. suggestions on models that work best?

I didn't want to spend alot of money. I resent brought the Pyle Sports PHRM38PN Heart Rate Monitor. It was around $30 and it does the job. I'm pretty pleased with it. If you're interested; check it out on amazon.
  • caitlynforkz
    Options
    I don't want to buy one because I can't stand having anything tight on myself when I work out . . I can't even work out with socks on.. it just bugs me