List of "go to" snacks / meals

What are some of your favorite 400-600 calorie healthy snacks or meals?

I am making myself a list of "go to" options so I can focus more on the planning and preparation aspects of my daily eating. Any suggestion appreciated!

Replies

• anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    400 kcal snacks?
    My snacks have around 200 kcal:
    Protein shake
    All kind of dates
    Banana
  • catscure
    catscure Posts: 3
    To be more clear, I should have said 400-600 calories total per meal time, not snack item. Yeah a 600 calorie snack is a bit much, huh? lol

Protein shakes are a staple of mine, and I'm allergic to bananas, but I'll look into dates. Thanks!
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Not normally a snacker by habit - usually replace a meal w/a snack or part of a meal

BUT that being said when I get home from the gym I am usually Famished, go fig. Anyhew, after a workout I go looking for something easy to eat & grab - generally 1/4 - 1/2 cup of White Grapes

However, if I am looking for a simple mid-day munchy I'll pick up some Pita Chips & Hummus, no more than 150 Cals for 1 serving of each (10 Chips + 2 tbsp of Hummus)

I also like fruit salads of Grapes, Berries, and Banana's.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Things I pack in my lunch bag ever day:
    steel cut oats w/ sweet potatoes, pecans and apples - about 230 cal per serving
    greek yogurt mixed with sugar-free/fat-free chocolate pudding - about 120 cal per serving
    banana - about 100 cal

Kept in my desk drawer for hunger emergencies: :smile:
    100 cal packs of almonds (cocoa or cinnamon roast), instant oatmeal (150 cal) and/or 100 cal microwave popcorn

The newest addition is individual packs of WalMart brand Mountain trail mix - peanuts almonds, cashews, raisins and M&Ms. While I'm enjoying them, I don't really care for all the salt (or the peanuts) so I may start making my own once I've used them up.