Eating after Zumba what and When?

Options
:drinker:
I do zumba core on my xbox for 26 min everyday 2x a day 5 days a week but I'm so unsure on what exactly I should eat afterwards. I have A LOT of fiber one protein chewy caramel nut bars and I drink a bottle of water but can't I have a little more than that?
tongue

Also I've finally seen the light on junk food and candies and such so is there a shopping list I can put together with food I can fell guilt free about eating a lot of? And is there a way to eat healthy without sacrificing taste?

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Do you mean right after? Or the rest of the day? You can eat what you want at any time, I'd try protein shake for snack.
  • MizuumiJ
    MizuumiJ Posts: 11
    Options
    Yes like right after, I try to zumba in the morning around 10 or 11 close to lunch time but then I'm not sure what to eat so I grab my staple Fiber one protein bar and some water and maybe chew on some ice cubes. but I was wondering what was the proper thing to eat after a workout? salad? soup?sandwiches? something i can eat without making my 20-30 min of calorie burning a waste lol. I'd hate to lose 400 calories than gain it back with lunch. :)

A protein shake sounds good are there any good brands you can suggest? :)
    Maybe I should exercise at night so I can burn off the calories of the whole day?
    I'm new to all of this and this forum. so far I like this forum sorry
    i'm rambling.:blushing:
  • MizuumiJ
    Options
    Do you mean right after? Or the rest of the day? You can eat what you want at any time, I'd try protein shake for snack.

Yes sorry and also the rest of the day
    If i workout in the morning should i workout later that evening to burn the extra calories I just consumed since my first workout?
    What can i eat during the day that won't reverse all my hard work?:smile:
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I used to do Zumba in the evenings.. and would often have turkey and avocado... usually on a sub sandwich. I found that I was always starving after Zumba so best to go for healthy but filling foods... Even a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread would do that trick.
  • LovingLifeInCalifornia
    LovingLifeInCalifornia Posts: 9,362 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I have...which ranges. These are the weekly "staples" I buy (I've found a system to pack and bring to work):

Hadley or Sunsweet Dates (no added sugar)
    Wonderful Unsalted Pistachios
    Tri Color cabbage package, cilantro, tomatoes, avocados, bell peppers (to make a salad that I take to work)
    Yams and/or sweet potatoes - I simply bake and add spices (usually cumin, curry or something like that - cinnamon and nutmeg is also good on it)
    Clean and Green Kale package
    Blackberries

**I also try to eat most foods from the ANDI scale: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/healthy-eating/andi-guide

People will argue that a calorie is a calorie - and while yes, a calorie is a calorie is true, some calories (and some foods) are just better for you - and help your body function better. I have lost weight going over semi-regularly when I avoided all processed foods. But that's what works for me now. It's not for everyone. This may seem extreme to some, but it was a gradual thing. I eliminated one or two things at a time before I got to this point.

What I would suggest is to find a way to get more "real" foods into your daily intake, rather than processed foods. you'll feel better and your body will respond better.
  • MizuumiJ
    Options
    I eat whatever I have...which ranges. These are the weekly "staples" I buy (I've found a system to pack and bring to work):

Hadley or Sunsweet Dates (no added sugar)
    Wonderful Unsalted Pistachios
    Tri Color cabbage package, cilantro, tomatoes, avocados, bell peppers (to make a salad that I take to work)
    Yams and/or sweet potatoes - I simply bake and add spices (usually cumin, curry or something like that - cinnamon and nutmeg is also good on it)
    Clean and Green Kale package
    Blackberries

**I also try to eat most foods from the ANDI scale: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/healthy-eating/andi-guide

People will argue that a calorie is a calorie - and while yes, a calorie is a calorie is true, some calories (and some foods) are just better for you - and help your body function better. I have lost weight going over semi-regularly when I avoided all processed foods. But that's what works for me now. It's not for everyone. This may seem extreme to some, but it was a gradual thing. I eliminated one or two things at a time before I got to this point.

What I would suggest is to find a way to get more "real" foods into your daily intake, rather than processed foods. you'll feel better and your body will respond better.

ok, I like meat and pasta can they be counted as real food? i also heard that whole grain popcorn is a good filler can it be a non guilty snack?

i also partake of the occasional doctor.Oz episode here and there, I don't watch him all the time because (this may seem silly but) every time he "tastes" something for the first time it's always the same response from him "wow this is really good" now maybe it's just me , maybe I it's because i'm a picky eater, but not EVERYTHING tastes good ya gotta have a like and dislike and he just likes everything so i'm a bit wary of him plus his belly fat methods always change, :) sorry i'm rambling again.

I heard from doctor.Oz show that chia seeds are good at keeping you full,
    after a workout if I had a progresso vegetable classics soup can i add chia seeds to it? or
    do i have to have protein after a workout? and how much protein is appropriate after a 30 min workout?

Also I just got over my addiction to putting salt on EVERYTHING, I opted for adobo seasonings and sea salt is that ok with my food?
    I grew up in a hamburger to hotdog household so eating on the straight and arrow is tough because I get weak when I pass a mcdonalds or a pizza hut.

I say these things because I'm not into avocados and peppers and things so it's a bit tough for me i'm sorry