LET'S DO THIS!

Options
erinfelt
erinfelt Posts: 1 Member
I have been here before, dieting that is...I have had great success, horrible set backs and most recently: health scares. So what did it take to get me here? Honestly, it was something simple and selfish. I almost couldn't fit on a rollarcoaster. I LOVE rollarcoasters, so much so, that this moment was my breaking point. I have many reasons to lose weight, 4 of which are people, (my children and husband). I should be lowering my cholesterol. I don't want diabetes. I lament how I look in the mirror. I worry about how people see me, react to me. But ultimately, I needed to do this for me, and for the simplest of reasons. I need to be able to ride rollarcoasters. That reason is solely for me.

I think I will have success this time as well. I used to make excuses for getting back into exercising or eating better. I would claim I could not afford a personal trainer, or healthy food was too expensive, or I did not have time to work out. All lies because I was scraping the money together to be at work happy hours, or meet up for food with friends and family, and I was finding the time to watch TV, be on the internet or I would find myself wasting time at a sit down resturaunt.

Getting started with a plan that would work was the hard part. Prior to joining MFP today, I started walking several miles after the recent birth of my son. Then I added a personal trainer one day a week to fit with my time and budget. I recently added a 2.5 mile walk with co-workers this last week. They have been walking forever, and it was time to get in on the fun!

My next step is to be accountable for the food. Properly log the exercise, and start setting goals. I have set MFP goals. I also signed up for a 5k race, and am currently adding a 6 week training schedule for that.

I am enjoying all these changes, and am understanding this will be a long journey/road ahead. Slow and steady will help make this more permanent!

I hope to make many friends, find support here at MFP, and can't wait to cheerlead anyone else finding themselves on a similar journey! :glasses: :glasses:

Replies

• Glakhmed
    Glakhmed Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you already have your motivation and some goals. Remind yourself of them often and why you have them! Best wishes to you on your journey!