does anyone do cheat days

Options
13»

Replies

• AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I do one cheat day per week. I eat 1,200-1,500 calories 6 days per week so that I can have what I really want on my cheat day (usually more just like a cheat meal). I usually end up eating between 3,000-4,000 calories on that day. Works for me. 33 pounds down and counting.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    what i really mean is not so much a cheat day like pigging out all day but say i go over my calories can i just call it my cheat day and start fresh tomorrow i feel so guilty when i go over my calories especially when hubby wants to go to McDonalds

Absolutely. Just stay under your weekly calorie goal. Much easier that way.
  • junnipr
    junnipr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i do cheat meals once a week sometimes, but i think a lot of people have a wrong perception about cheat day! for me a cheat day will be going to a local restaurand and enjoy a nice full meal. With that said, Chain restaurants are out of my list. lets take an example:
    if im at home(i live in OH but im originally from the Caribbean, meaning i like sea food, plantains etc etc) i can cook some sweet plantains(use some olive oil and dark brown sugar too cook them, instead butter or fry them), or even some friend plantains(why not), some seafood. but that day i do take care of what i eat fro break fast, and/or lunch! i think the idea is not going to 4k or 5k calories that day!
    Sometimes when the body hit plateau, is good to have a cheat meal, just to wake up the body(since sometimes it get use to to same food).
    Its about to be smart, and not about going to eat a WHOLE PIZZA. :)