starting over how do you do it

Options
hi
i started my journey may 2012 at 250 lbs by July 2013 i was down to 198 lbs. sadly on this day march 5 2014 i am 249 lbs. I've been trying to motivate myself to get back on the wagon. I got rid of the object of my stress eating. I'm just having a really hard time starting over. if there is anyone who has gone threw similar situation please let me know what you did and how you started over. thanks

Replies

• train_01
    train_01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This has been a lifelong battle for me. I was always "the fat kid". I went from 200 to 170 in three months 12 years ago and it's been all uphills and yo-yos since. During those 12 years I got married, had a kid, got divorced,and got married again. Lots of happiness and stress (which both cause me to eat!) My highest ever (232) was when I started on here in January. At that point in my life, I decided that I couldn't continue or I would end up like my sister and dad (both very obese and diabetic). I watched my sister literally eat herself almost to death in the last 10 years (at one point in her life, she was 160 lbs and is probably over 300 now). I decided to really get on the wagon this time. I have done pretty well with logging my intake (especially since I got a food scale) and I made a committment to exercise at least 3x per week (which is 3x per week more than I was doing before). It was hard at the beginning, but now I'm used to it in my mind, and body and am feeling much better. I've lost 14 lbs since January. You can do it! Feel free to friend me :)
  • miss_marylee3
    miss_marylee3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Its really hard to find motivation when you feel you have no support.... It took me awhile to motivate myself too but what I did was watch a success story on youtube every time I think about giving up. Also since we look at our phones more than twice a day, I took a picture of myself and put it as background so every time I look at it I tell myself I want to look better than that.
    Hope this gives you an idea.
  • miss_marylee3
    miss_marylee3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot to add also I was in the same boat as you, I almost got to my goal weight and than got my back injured and gain all my hard work back and more.
  • grandmaJMB
    grandmaJMB Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yes, sadly I started 4 years ago.......Lost and gained weight over and over again. In January I finally got my head on straight.
    My decision was to give it 1 year of my life.. To eat healthy about 1200 - 1400 calories, drink at least 8 glasses of water and exercise 30 to 60 minutes at least 5 times a week. Goal just 1 lb a week.

It has been 2 months now and I have lost 11 lbs. It's not coming off quickly, but that's ok. One week I gained but I knew it had to be water weight because I didn't do anything wrong. The following week I lost a couple lbs. So it worked itself out.

This time is different than all the other battles I have had with my weight, I finally get it....it's a life change.
    I am not .wanting the chips or the candy bars. I am not hungry anymore. I get up early and ride my stationery bike. I have learned that I need get the bike in early in the morning because I make excuses in the afternoon and night time.

I used to be a smoker and to me this weight problem is the same. I must have tried 100 times to stop smoking. One time I stopped for 6 years and started back up again. The last time I butted out my last smoke I knew it was going to be my last.

I still have 55 lbs to go....march 1, 2015 I will be at or close to my goal weight . Don't give up and don't beat yourself up.
    Try try and try again. Pick yourself up.....dust yourself off and try again.
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    just the fact that you are here and you asked for advice and help is the first step.....good for you.....

I've been here for a long time just with a different name....I started at 172lb and got down to 118lb....then put on about 12lb or so when I started lifting weights.....I'm looking to shift that back down to 120lb.....

feel free to add me....I am here every day.....life sometimes throws us real curves.....but you can do it....don't back out now!!!
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I think it's best not to make a big deal out of Starting Over. Instead, promise yourself you will start over every day until you reach your goal. Why not start today? If you slip up one day, don't worry, just start over the next day.
  • flabbybunker
    flabbybunker Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Me a million times. Heres what you do . take it one step at a ltime. Know that your not the only one who as slipped. Do something that first week back. Weather its long walks, exercising, or anything get reactive. Start eating better again. It will give you that extra energy. Also know that you did the weight loss once and you can do it again as well. Finally after that first week of slowly working back in, increase your activity more.
    Now I know this might sound a little nasty, but I did a cleanse this time beore I worked out. Made a helluva difference. I had lots of energy, didnt want processed foods as much, and wanted to workout because of all the extra energy. Just remember whatever you do, start eating better and drink lots of water. Take if form someone who ahs tripped up a lot and got back on :).
  • DonnaJones7
    DonnaJones7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    So many of us have been there, over and over again.
    I find it's overwhelming to think about the huge amount of weight I have to lose. So I don't focus on that. I just focus on getting to the next milestone (10 pounds). If I slip up, I start over and re-start my goal on mfp. So I can't show big loss on my ticker, but I try really hard to make small everyday changes.

Every little bit helps. Do something good every day.

Try to make DO's instead of DON'Ts. I find that much easier. DO eat vegetables. DO fill up on vegetables. DO make fruit a dessert. Do get some activity....

There's support here. Read some of the success stories if that helps.

:)
  • DonnaJones7
    DonnaJones7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    So many of us have been there, over and over again.
    I find it's overwhelming to think about the huge amount of weight I have to lose. So I don't focus on that. I just focus on getting to the next milestone (10 pounds). If I slip up, I start over and re-start my goal on mfp. So I can't show big loss on my ticker, but I try really hard to make small everyday changes.

Every little bit helps. Do something good every day.

Try to make DO's instead of DON'Ts. I find that much easier. DO eat vegetables. DO fill up on vegetables. DO make fruit a dessert. Do get some activity....

There's support here. Read some of the success stories if that helps.

:)
  • pattyht
    pattyht Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It seems like I start over every few months, I guess at least I am always working on it. The first time I lost weight I had a lot of support, this time not so much and it is a lot harder that is for sure.
  • nomoreyoyo67
    Options
    Been there over and over again! i am the worst yo-yo dieter. It is very hard for me to lose weight but I keep trying. I swear that this time I am going to do it! Feel free to add me:)