Question for men

Options
okay I am looking for some real pros and cons of a jockstrap for use when exercising. I am thinking of getting one but I really would like to know some opinions of it first. Any pros or cons of it would be great. Thanks

Replies

• WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I"ll pass. It may make lifting weight easier (for the bargain price of your dignity), but I'll stick to boxer briefs. Unless you're talking about lifting in only a jockstrap, in which case I'm pretty sure that's frowned upon in even the most progressive gyms.

Edit- I can't think of any pro's.
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Compression briefs are the way to go.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Compression briefs for running / rowing. If you need a jock strap for lifting you should probably see a doctor.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Unless you plan on take a ground ball to your boys while at the gym, what's the point.....?

Boxer briefs bro, boxer briefs.
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Yep, boxer briefs here too, prefer the under armor.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan of a JS unless I'm doing something that needs a cup (such as karate sparring). Otherwise compression shorts / bike shorts / thigh length speedo under the looser gear is enough to keep the junk from bouncing around and they wick sweat better than a JS.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    U gettin hard while liftin, brah?
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    they hold a cup - if you play hockey you will wear one or you will never have kids :bigsmile:
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    hahahah @ astro
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I use compression shorts. No need for anything more restrictive.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    U gettin hard while liftin, brah?

^^^^This :noway: :laugh:
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    I would also stay away from the JS, but hey, whatever you feel comfortable in.

I personally don't like long cut boxer briefs/compression shorts that cover up the whole thigh area. The "trunk" style is more comfortable for me (think a shorter legged boxer brief), and less riding up.
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    compression shorts on leg days and those or boxer briefs the rest. no tighty-whitey *kitten* lol
  • Tony_Von_Stryfe
    Tony_Von_Stryfe Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Go with some Under Armor compression briefs
  • jferris91
    jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Lol no not planning on hurting myself during weight lifting just might hurt myself running and elliptical use