Taking several tablets at once... question

Options
leew88
leew88 Posts: 62 Member
I take several tablets in the mornings, and have just increased that some more

Prescribed stuff from doctors, Omazprazole and Propanol

I also take MultiVits, Omega 3, BCAA's.. and now just adding to the list I am gona start to take CLA and Thermopure

I need to know is it ok to take all of these together, one after the other.. or how do you do yours?

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Ditch the CLA and Thermopure, as far as the prescription medications, I have no idea, you'll have to talk to a doctor. You're fine talking the multi, omega 3 and BCAA's together although I'd advise taking them with a meal
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the prescriptions but I take all my vitamins half way through my breakfast because it's been known to make me nauseous if I take it on it's own.
  • leew88
    Options
    only for a month to hopefully help speed up a drop in my bodyfat%, nothing serious
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I'm on many medications so I'll tell you what I do…

Right when I wake up I take Protonix (have to take it 30 minutes before eating). I eat breakfast and then I take Lexapro and Propranonol. I also take a super B complex vitamin at this time.

At night with my dinner, I take Metformin, Topamax, and my birth control.

Around 9PM, I take a magnesium supplement.

My doctors have specified what time I should take the medications so unless yours have said when you should be taking yours, it's not a problem. I would take the multivitamin and fish oil with a meal to prevent stomach upset.
  • leew88
    Options
    Thanks thats great :)
  • gonediesel
    gonediesel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LW, regarding your prescription meds, why are you taking the omeprazole? if your experiencing general daily heartburn then take it in the morning before breakfast. If you have heartburn at night (lying down) then take it with dinner. The drug will be at its highest concentration and more effective at the time you need it. Regarding propranolol, taking it in the morning if you don't have side effects (light headed, dizziness, etc) from it or if you do have side effects then take at night. The key to both your meds is to be consistent with the timing. So if you mostly remember to take it at night or whenever then that would be the best time to take them. Not sure the reason your on propranolol but if it is for blood pressure or heart rate control then you would not want take any supplements that "burn fat", "increase metabolism", etc. They may aggravate or more than likely be the reason for your need to take the propranolol. Most of those products are a waste of money and just add to all the unnecessary chemicals our body has to process and remove. Take care of your liver and kidneys. GD
  • leew88
    Options
    Hi there

Im on Omeprazole for my acid reflux, I take it in the morning always.
    I am on propanolol for my headaches, I take 2 in the morning and 2 at night.

The above is always, thats what the doctor told me to do and seems to work so that wont be changing