Does how you eat/portion size really matter?

Options
I have a habit of eating until I'm full as long as I stay in my daily caloric range. I have large portions and seconds. For example, I'll make guacamole and eat the entire avocado in one sitting but stay in my range daily. I like to feel full. How do I exercise portion control? Is this stalling or hindering my weight loss?

Replies

• CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how much you eat in one sitting, it matters how much you eat overall. Some people like to eat one big meal, others like to graze all day. It just depends what works for you. If you have a calorie deficit, you will lose weight, if you have a surplus, you'll gain.
  • holleyschmitt
    holleyschmitt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I stay in my calorie range, but is my sugary diet stalling my weight loss??
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I stay in my calorie range, but is my sugary diet stalling my weight loss??

Who me?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    If you're accurately weighing / measuring / logging... and staying within your goal... no worries.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    As long as you're hitting your calorie goal, portion size is irrelevant. I just had a huge bowl of chicken & wild rice soup. I'm full. I stayed within my calories. It was yummy.

Maybe you're confusing portion size with moderation? Instead of eating the entire tub of ice cream, only eat 1/4? or something like that? But really, if the entire tub of ice cream fits in your calories and you've hit all your macros, eat the ice cream! :laugh:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    If you're accurately weighing / measuring / logging... and staying within your goal... no worries.

This.

If you want to eat an entire ______ go right ahead, as long as you know it fits in your calorie goals.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

This.

If you want to eat an entire ______ go right ahead, as long as you know it fits in your calorie goals.
    ...but that being said... OP... why are you only at 1200 cal/day? Just sayin, for 24, you could get away with a comfortable bit more than that.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

This.

...but that being said... OP... why are you only at 1200 cal/day? Just sayin, for 24, you could get away with a comfortable bit more than that.

This too.

At 5'6.5" and only 14 or so pounds from goal weight, you can eat more than 1200. Set your goal to lose half a pound a week if it isn't already. Weigh/measure/log everything.