Paleo lunch ideas?

Options
Im looking for paleo lunch ideas (that can be packed and taken to work for my husband also)....I already eat gluten and dairy free as it is....due to being intolerant to gluten, and dairy products. I also avoid fried foods due to it causing nausea. So any ideas??:bigsmile: Im trying to menu plan our week...so we dont have to think "What am I making today?"....That will make it easier to be successful.

Replies

• rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Mason jar salads are pretty awesome for this purpose.

I enjoy doing a 'tapas' style lunch of olives, cured meats, etc. from time to time as well.

Mostly, I just plan on making dinners that will have some leftovers.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can suggest (which was my lunch today) - left over chilli from last night (heated in the works microwave).????
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Good ideas so far :)
  • epursey
    epursey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    On Sunday I sometimes roast chicken breast and bag it as snacks and to add it to salads through out the week. Well actually often I make a BIG Sunday meal for leftovers to start the week.

Also I like cold

- Hard boiled eggs
    - Roasted veggies (asparagus, broccoli)
    - marinated sliced beef
  • Happymom83
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    chicken stir fry with no rice. My go to meal.

spaghetti meat sauce- winds up being more like meat with sauce on it than sauce with meat in it- but that plain no pasta- or with spaghetti squash.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I don't eat paleo, but I think my go to lunches qualify. I buy a ton of chicken, and will cook it in the crockpot over the weekend. I'll do different spice combinations, italian, mexican, ect. Then I shred the chicken, and add tomotoes, veggies, and whatever, portion out into individual servings and freeze. Of course, I don't mind eating the same thing every day. I also cook a ton for dinner, and then freeze leftovers in individual portions. Pulled pork (no bun obv), indian curry (no rice), have been recent. I'll also do an "italian stew" which is essentially the world's chunkiest pasta sauce that I put over veggies or just eat out of a bowl.

ETA: italian stew is chunky due to vast quantities of veggies already in it; additional serving over veggies is not required but sometimes welcome.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I get mini sweet bell papers and then stuff with with either just plain tuna or tuna salad.

I love sweet potato and black bean salad.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    How about a brontosaurus burger with some pterodactyl nuggets?
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna guess salad that you add meat to it. Tastes good and filling!

Also chilli is filling and good.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can suggest (which was my lunch today) - left over chilli from last night (heated in the works microwave).????

chili doesn't qualify as paleo- the legume police will get you.

that being said- chili is delicious for lunch/left overs.
  • Happymom83
    Options
    Thanx everyone!
  • tko0301
    tko0301 Posts: 1
    Options
    Im a huge fan of ground turkey or beef made with homemade taco seasoning! I make a batch and split it up for the week. I bring a bit of it on the side with some lettuce leafs to make lettuce wraps. My seasoning includes chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes, onion powder, and garlic powder. I'll bring some avocado or baby tomatoes on the side too!
  • hadorc01
    hadorc01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If we don't cook in the crock pot - dinner isn't happening. There are some amazing paleo crockpot cook books out there but you can just google some. If you can get something in the crockpot then you'll have a lot of leftovers. On Sundays I will cook a traditional meal (no slow cooker) and use my two crockpots for two separate dishes. Then we have different leftovers for lunch (my husband gets sick of leftovers easy so I have to keep it fresh and new) for the rest of the week. You can also freeze some for later in the month!
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I've done shredded chicken (or turkey, tuna, etc) wrapped in a leaf of romaine lettuce . . . usually 2 of them for lunch.

*You can also toss in an apple (diced) or a fruit of your choice to "spice" things up :-)
  • easjer
    easjer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I eat salads most days with a variety of greens and veggies and 6 oz of grilled meat (or occassionally tuna or chicken salad made with paleo mayo on greens). Apple with nut butter, you're good.

Another dish I like is paleo meatballs in the crockpot. That's usually good for 4-5 meals for me alone - eat over a bed of spinach. Yum. I also grabbed a great butter chicken recipe from everyday paleo that works over greens and could be portioned out as well as meatballs.