Why in the world do us WOMAN......

Amber030583
Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
have Tom on town and all we can do is have "hand to mouth syndrome"?!?!! Honestly, Tom came this morning and holy crap lets shovel it in. I swear somehow putting food down my throat alleviates the wretched cramps! UGH anyone with this issue or am I just nuts?! LOL

Replies

• Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    NOPE! Totally not nuts. I have the same issue. My body just craves more because it's dealing with more than usual.

It sucks but hang tight. Bump up the water.

hugs,

Katie (aka Kekibird)
  • boogie17
    boogie17 Posts: 103 Member
    i am the same way...but i crave chocolate
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    I am the same way...I eat everything in site...in moderation...but when I eat in moderation everything my cravings desire, it kinda defeats the purpose of being 'good' with those items b/c I am still inhaling much more than usual.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    they say magnesium supplements helps the munchies :bigsmile: I take evening primrose oil and its all round bettter :wink:
  • bwhahahahah! I was just telling my husband how it hard it is to eat healthy when I'm on my cycle!!! That coupled with coming late, me taking a pregnancy test, and the *emotional* stress from that! hehehehe
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    I rarely get mine, but the last time I did I ate a 12 pack of Ferror Roche Chocolates (within an hour).:blushing:
  • Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    ha ha, Tom arrived this morning here too, and I've been eyeballing the biscuits all morning. Haven't ventured there yet, but did manage to scoff down an extra piece of toast without blinking... grrrrr.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Oh sweetie, I'm sorry to hear of your woes. My sympathy goes out to you. Time for some stronger pain killers?
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    I'm at that age that my cycles are getting a little wonky. This week I feel like I am constantly hungry and can't get enough carbs!

Ugggghhh! And I'm so hot and not in a good way!

Karen
  • I have that issue too - pre-menopausal and everything is erratic and frankly annoying. And no matter what I eat when it hits, it's never enough! I guess I'm lucky that even on my worst days, I don't crave chocolate (I think I'm the only woman in the world who doesn't!). Unlucky in that the week of, I can gain up to 10 lbs of water, no matter how much I drink - very discouraging!! :grumble:
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    LOL

seriously funny. I have finally accepted that while I'm cursed I don't loose weight. for 4-6 days my weight completely stalls while I deal with my womanly gift. Totally sucks but whatever.

I sneak really naughty things in when I'm cursed. (pizza. beer. crepes. wine.) but I always manage to keep my cals in check.
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Funny! My TOM came on Sunday, and I'm dealing with the same thing. I'm like a bottomless pit when i'm on my cycle. I've been trying to keep it under control. I've been craving salt (great...cuz i really want to retain water)! Gave in and had some pretzels. Can't wait til my cycle is over and my appetite goes back to normal!!!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Thank god I don't have the hot flashes anymore, but I reallly don't like the hit and miss cycles! Two weeks here, 8 weeks there... this month the "girls" hurt, next time they don't. Almost afraid to walk out of the house without protection. I get the cravings if it hits or not. Just can't catch a break on that one. I have found that trail mix works pretty well to cover all the cravings....nuts, raisins, m&m's. I mix my own using lightly salted peanuts, raisins and semi sweet chocolate chips. I don't log my weigh ins until the week after TOM is gone.
  • OMG totally! yesterday I ended up having some fruitella because I just couldn't do it anymore. I thought I was a bit of a failure for struggling so much so it is a relief to know it's normal! xxx
  • OMG totally! yesterday I ended up having some fruitella because I just couldn't do it anymore. I thought I was a bit of a failure for struggling so much so it is a relief to know it's normal! xxx
  • Nope, it makes me want to snack all day long!
  • I agree - I just wanna eat!!
  • amietest
    amietest Posts: 57 Member
    Whether it is true or not, I like to believe the article I read once that said your metabolism actually increases then and so while you seem to be stalling it's just water retention, and after it'll come right off quickly. And eating a little extra then is ok because of the higher metabolism.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
  • Whether it is true or not, I like to believe the article I read once that said your metabolism actually increases then and so while you seem to be stalling it's just water retention, and after it'll come right off quickly. And eating a little extra then is ok because of the higher metabolism.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

LOL, I like this answer <3
This discussion has been closed.