Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Time to make a change

Hi Everyone,

I am new to MFP and today is the first post I have every made in the forum. I am doing this because I have to make myself accountable for how I allowed myself to get this big. Since my early teens I have had a weight issue (overweight but, not huge) to becoming obese after having my first baby.

I officially started MFP on February 19, 2014 and to date have lost 4lbs. I have a totally of 40.5lbs to lose and I hope that I can get to that magical number. I am very poor at tracking and starting tomorrow that won't be allowed. I have to make myself accountable so by putting it out to the world I have to!

Thanks for Reading...I will keep you all posted

Replies

• SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Good for you for deciding to make a change in your life by getting healthy! Logging consistently is very important. Try not to guess at your portions either, but measure them out so you can learn what a true portion size is and for a more accurate account of what you are eating. A food scale will help with this and they aren't very expensive.

It may seem like a lot of work at first, but once you build up your food list it becomes much faster. At least it is for me, since I tend to eat the same stuff all the time. LOL
  • missvincent23
    missvincent23 Posts: 25 Member
    welcome and good for you i know the feeling ive always had an issue with my weight. good luck!

xox