Tim Horton's

Options

Replies

• palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I go to both, love tims iced cappuccinos and usually would go there if I were hungry as I prefer most of their food options (Starbucks has some tasty snacks though), I love me some Starbucks as well, but try to limit it as it's so expensive. The one thing I really like about Starbucks though is the options for drinks, you can get much healthier versions of things which is nice if you've got a craving but don't want to waste a ton of calories on a beverage.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Peet's Sumatran - just sayin' (and I am a cheapskate and make it at home)
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Also, you people waste too much money on coffee

blasphemy! :indifferent:
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'll happily buy a box of Timbits, but their coffee is vile. I'd rather go without than have their coffee. Then again, I've only been in Canada for five months, so maybe I'm still in training.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    No Tim Hortons on our side of the world
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Tim's for me as well. I tried Starbucks once, wanted just a regular coffee and had to make it myself???, plus it was pretty gross! Never tried again.
  • olivetree_
    olivetree_ Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Tim's is way more popular here (Calgary). Starbucks has quite a long line as well but I've yet to see people wait in line for 30-60 minutes for Starbucks while at Tim's it's normal. The Tim Horton's in one of the buildings on my school campus usually has a line going all the way out the door and wraps half way around the building during lunch rush. I get more things from Starbucks than I do Tim Horton's (soy frappuccinos, desserts, refreshers), but I prefer what I get at Tim's (honey cruller, mint iced capp, BLT sandwich or lasagna).
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,889 Member
    Options
    Tims coffee.
    tumblr_lt1qs8Aho51qfl54bo1_500.gif
  • TansieEye
    TansieEye Posts: 25
    Options
    I think Tim's is an acquired taste. I do not like their coffee. But they seem like nice people.
  • darrenrae16
    Options
    Went to calgary on holiday last year and had never heard of Tim hortons, now i actully crave one and it sucks being in the UK and not able to get one. i couldnt get over how superior they are compared to the likes of starbucks and costa
  • Hunnergomeow
    Hunnergomeow Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Tim's all the way (type this as I drink my hot chocolate from Tim Hortons)! I don't drink coffee except for the occasional ice capp, and to me Tim's hot chocolate tastes way better, and is way cheaper, than Starbucks hot chocolate - the only reason I'd drink Starbucks hot chocolate is for the whip cream anyway.:wink: Plus, Tim's has other great options: real fruit smoothie, chicken snack wrap, and the occasional donut. And don't forget roll up the rim!
    If I go to Starbucks it's as a treat - or I'm in the States on a day trip or something. The only thing I'd get there is Strawberry & Creme frap, and maybe banana bread (my cat once went through my purse and took the banana bread and ate the whole thing...). To me, Starbucks is over-priced and really not that tasty, plus their food options (sandwiches etc) in the display case look so disgusting it's not even funny.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'll happily buy a box of Timbits, but their coffee is vile. I'd rather go without than have their coffee. Then again, I've only been in Canada for five months, so maybe I'm still in training.
    No, their coffee is awful. Canuck, born and raised.
  • toolzz
    toolzz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I prefer Country Style but they are hard to find! The Tims around me have line ups all day long. I love Starbuck Chai Lattes tho...
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I am amazed at the number of people I've seen lately say that they like McDonald's coffee. It truly is the worst coffee I've ever had. Every time I've had it, it's been burnt so badly that it was nearly impossible to drink. And that's at several different McDonald's. I'm always like, "it'll be fine here." Nope.

Oh, and Dunkin' Donuts, if there's one around and I was unable to fix coffee myself that morning - such as when I leave the gym and go directly to work.
  • sheens0011
    sheens0011 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Tim Horton's all the way!! Cannot stand Starbucks, would never drink it again. I go to Tim's and now thankfully they have the K-cups for my Keurig! :)
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    OMG Timmie's all the way! I'll settle for McDonald's but HATE Starbucks for regular coffee.
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am all about timmies, I mean, I actually really enjoy Mcdonalds coffee too, but it is out of my way. The starbucks pike is probably one of my fav k-cups though.

I won a coffee today on my rroolll uppp the rrriimm!!
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Also...most Canadian thread ever?
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Tims coffee.
    tumblr_lt1qs8Aho51qfl54bo1_500.gif

And their food outside of timbits.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I go to Tim's multiple times a day. Their coffee is so addicting. I could do without the food