Cold and lightheaded??

ChubbieTubbie
ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been calorie counting for 3 weeks now and I have been feeling very, very sleepy (I almost fall asleep every time I sit down) and very cold--- to the touch and shivering nonstop even in a hot bath. I also have a headache in the middleof my forehead and feel slightly lightheaded, like my brain is sloshing around my head. What can be causing this? I am exercising and eating reasonably and not going under 1200 calories when I total the day, usually I am between 1400-1600. Is this something I should see a doctor for??

Replies

• Yes. It sounds like you have a bug. Is the recommended goal 1200 cals a day or did your MFP assessment say you need more? I have felt slightly tired if I dont eat enough, but what you describe is not normal.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    If you don't have a bug - check your protein and keep it high (especially with working out). Also check your carbs and sugar as you may just be going into a huge sugar dip at certain times of the day.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    I say call your doc or nurse.
  • peralesmary
    peralesmary Posts: 13 Member
    i have been having the same problem but its more severe like very very dizzy and very lightheaded i notice that if i dont eat any breakfast its 10x worst like yest and today. not sure why tho
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    I don't think it is a bug, it has been like this for a few days and I feel great otherwise. I haven't had much meat since Saturday, maybe I will have some with dinner. Mfp says 1400 cals for a 2 lb per week loss. I get to that 99% of the time-- 1489 yesterday. 1413 today.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Definately get a wellness exam/physical.

Also remember, you're doing something to your body that you may not have done in who knows how long. It takes time to adjust which is why they recommend to start slow & EASE into it. Also, if you've added any kind of supplements they may also be causing some problems. I am not hyperglycemic, though my baby sister is & I get the same symptoms as she does when my blood sugar drops or I don't eat enough/drink enough water in the day. I've learned that if I go over my cals it's not a huge deal: I'm eating better and working out and feeling and looking SO much better. It's taken over 10 months, but I've SLOWLY lost 15 lbs, rather than diving into it and speeding the weight loss, I let my body work they way it needed to.
    The fruits of your labor will pay off: I had someone I work with today tell me "You're gettin' so skinny, girl! How much weight you lost, over 30 pounds now?" And my response, as I'm standing there eating a nectarine was "no, I eat like there is no tomorrow and workout, and I've only lost 15lbs"

Remember, good things come to those who weight (lol - couldn't resist that!); it takes time but persistence, consistence and perserverance WILL pay off :flowerforyou:
  • jtalbot06
    jtalbot06 Posts: 17 Member
    Usually feeling lightheaded and tired is a sign that you are not getting enough to eat. The calorie threshold is a guildline as it can't be precise for each person. Your metabolism may be higher and if you are exercising then you may just need to take a little more in. Also, make sure you are getting enough water as the headaches may be a sign of dehydration.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    I would check your sugar intake and protein intake and see if they are balanced. I can get hypotglycemic (blood sugar drop) if I am way out of balance and/or don't get the right balance before a big workout. Protein helps with that. I would check your diary tonight and maybe call a doc this week as it isn't normal to feel the way you are. perhaps help from a nutritionist might be helpful.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Better to be safe than sorry... go get checked. Could be either a drop in blood pressure or blood sugar. The coldness seems a bit extreem, could be low iron, low protein, or a few other deficiencies. If you are not taking a good NATURAL multi vitamin for women you might want to start.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    I agree to see your doctor, you might want to print off a few days reports from here to bring with you, they make want to see your sugar, sodium, iron and calcium intake. also ask to be checked for hypothyroidism. this makes you tired, gain weight easily, feel cold and can lead to depression too. it's a simple blood test, and a simple treatment, I just take a small pill each morning.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    i would check in with your doctor. I had those syptoms when I was diagnosed with anemia.
This discussion has been closed.