30 DAY SHRED-NEED BUDDIES

Options
Does anyone else do the 30 day shred?? I have been doing it but not on a regular basis. i need some buddies to motivate me to actually do it:)

Replies

• motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I started on Tuesday so today will be day 3 level1! It's only 25 mins so feel I can fit it in everyday - we can do this! Add me if you like.:smile:
  • lizc0616
    lizc0616 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    what is 30 day "shred"? Im on day 9 of squat challenge
  • Chrissy2627
    Options
    I started it again last night. This is my third time of trying to do it and I have never made it past day 8. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Robin_Kaye
    Robin_Kaye Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've completed it a few times and saw encouraging results. My issue has always been what to do after the 30 days. Last time I tried Ripped in 30, but got discouraged. I'm at it again though, just completing W1D6. This time around I plan on cycling through again as well as focusing on 5k training. Stick with it, it's definitely worth the 25 minutes/day!
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have done the 30ds on and off for months now, but I would love to actually finish it! I'm in!
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi....I have tried it before but this time around I am on the way to finishing! I am on Level 3 (yay) Day 3 tomorrow! It is worth it. I don't exercise everyday but 2-5 days a week. I have lost 5 lbs and definitely inches. I feel stronger and a bit leaner (whatever that means lol).....but once I am done I will either start over or do another JM DVD....YAY...ok, girls...stick to it! It really is a great workout for a short DVD (25 min).....I don't think people lose a ton of weight doing it but definitely subtle changes. We can do it!!!
  • Artests
    Artests Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I did 30 day shred previously and had excellent results, so I'm planing on giving it a go again, hopefully starting today :)
  • RachelHoffman0709
    RachelHoffman0709 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on Monday! Add me if you like :)
  • kdeanosu
    kdeanosu Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 1....just did day 8 this morning but it's taken me 2 weeks just to get my 8th day in. Feel free to add me. Hopefully I can be more consistent with friends also doing it with me.
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Here's a little tip....and to remind myself.....that if you miss a day, just get back to it the next day. I can't do more than a few days in a row without needing a break! I don't understand how people do it 6 days a week!!! Yikes...may take me a little longer to get it done but I will finish!!! And then start over lol. I still feel sore, I still sweat....what more can you ask for from a short workout? It does the job!!
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Level 2- day 10 tomorrow!

After level 1, I was down 6 pounds and as of this morning, I'm down a total of 9 pounds. I will have updated measurements after tomorrow's workout.

I definitely feel stronger, many of the exercises are getting easier - especially push-ups, and I overall feel better, and more motivated to stick to my diet and carry on.
  • pammerz88
    pammerz88 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have started it and never made it the whole 30 days. I have seen results every time but I get lazy and quit. I did it last week for the first time and was very sore and later that day I landed on my ankle wrong so I took a few days off to heal and I plan on starting back up tomorrow. I am gonna do my best to make myself do it in the morning before work. Sleep is very important to me but so is my health and I plan on getting serious about it even more tomorrow. I would love support as much as anyone else so anyone feel free to add me.

Questions for others doing it...how long did you do each level for and what did you do after the 30 days?
  • clyn27
    clyn27 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am starting on Monday as well. I did it for 3 days last summer and hurt myself. It is intense. This go round about 2 weeks ago I gave myself a start date and started doing some stuff to kinda build up to it. I have been doing jumping jacks and then going right into push ups and then jumping jacks and right into crunches. It is a very back to back to back dvd. There are no breaks. make sure you load up on water before you start because you barely have 2 seconds to take a sip. I am doing zumba tonight and hopefully it doesn't kill me. If it does I think I may take it easy my first week of 30 day shred and maybe only do 3 days of it spread out over the week. That whole 3 days in a row right off the bat was not good for me at all. I couldn't even leave my second story apartment for 2 days because my legs just hurt so bad. My best advice would be go slow your first week see how you do then up it.
  • erind2017
    erind2017 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is my first go with 30DS and I tomorrow will be Day 3 of Level 2 for me. There have been a few times where I have stopped for a few days because I get unmotivated or I am just so busy! I have definitely noticed some results, mostly in my strength. I am still sore sometimes from doing it, but not nearly as sore as I was after the very first day of doing it. I think 30DS is a really good way to get yourself into a routine of exercise and get you into shape to continue on with exercise on your own. I know it's been a lot easier for me to do this everyday than it would be for me to go to the gym for an hour. The 20 minutes is the perfect amount of time to fit it into my schedule. Everyone feel free to add me and we can all motivate each other :)
  • erind2017
    erind2017 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    what is 30 day "shred"? Im on day 9 of squat challenge

The 30 Day Shred is a workout video by Jillian Michaels and it is about 20 minutes long. She has a method of combining 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs to lose weight. In the video, she has 3 circuits of this. You do 10 days of each level and there are 3 levels - they each get progressively harder. If you search on the forum there are tons of people who have posted great results using this workout!
  • kdarismendy
    Options
    Yay! Let's do this! I started last week and finished day 6 this morning. Yes, as other people have said, the first 3 days were super tough. Walking down stairs was the worst thing, but doesn't it feel great knowing you've engaged all those muscles in your thighs and butt? That kind of pain is sweet.
    So I gave myself a rest day after day 3, and day 4 was a lot easier..so don't give up! Everyday feels a little easier, but I'm a little scared of moving on to level 2!
    I'm combining this workout with my daily bicycle ride (I commute 10 mi/ round trip 5 days a week) and I'm throwing yoga in the mix starting tonight. Can't wait to hear how everyone is shaping up!
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,618 Member
    Options
    Have just completed day 5 level 1. I'm doing 30DS about 3-4 times per week alongside swimming and walking. Good luck all!x
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2: day 7. I don't do it every day & i rotate her other videos too. But i LOVE 30DS!!!!!
    feel free to add me if you want! :)
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Today is day 8 for me!! I have taken one day off so far. I used to do this video a few years back and it totally helped me jumpstart my weight loss. Hoping to get better results this time around.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 of level 2 (doing 15 days of each mo-fri each week). This is my second time doing the shred, shortly after finishing last time I found myself pregnant again. Last time I lost a lot of inches and gained a lot of strength and confidence and it looks to be shaping up the same way now, even if the lbs dont seem to be coming off as fast as other work out routines. Even if you aren't doing it every day like it may recommend it does make a difference, no matter how you manage to fit it in your schedule.