Couch to 5K App for iPhone

Options
I've been doing the couch to 5K program and using a podcast that I found online. I am not a fan of the music used in the podcast and find that it makes me feel like less time has elapsed than actually has. It is not motivating at all.

Has anyone tried any of the aps that are available? There are so many of them to choose from and they come with a price tag so I don't want to test them out by trail and error, especially when I'm already halfway through the program.

I want something that I can listen to my own music with.

Thanks!!

Replies

• MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have been using the podcasts from djsteveboy.com and though I'm not really a techno fan, I find the music good to run by.

L
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I just started using the same podcasts as MrsEjr
  • katxena
    Options
    I use the C25K app. The great thing about it is that you can use your own music, and you still get all the voice cues. I really like it, and it's not hugely expensive.
  • val3xmom
    Options
    Hi, I don't know what the couch to 5k is or a podcast, but I downloaded a free app called runkeeper. It tracks your running using a gps and saves them for you. It calculates speed and calories , etc. You can launch your itunes first then start the app. It also tracks other activities like biking, hiking, ect. No one talks to you, though, so I don't know if this would help or not. Anyway, its free. I like it, bc it is super easy to use and I like to use different paths when I run bc I get bored. Good luck.
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    I recently discovered micoach (from Adidas). The iPhone app is free. You do need to use the website to set up the training program though. Also, it isn't just for C25K but has programs for general fitness, 10K, 1/2 marathon, marathon and some sports. Check out the website here: http://micoach.com

I did the assessment workout yesterday and found the iPhone app worked really well.
  • Racheld
    Racheld Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You should try the Get Running app. It tells you when to walk and when to run you can use it with your music.