Seeking Nutrition Advice

Options
I am requesting some nutrition tips. I am a 5'4" Female. 202 lbs. I am wanting to lose 50 lbs before we have our second kid. I am currently less than my pre-pregnancy weight with my son (1 year). I have a realtively sedentary lifestyle as I work 10 hour days at a desk job 4 days a week. I have a gym membership and motivation to work out... I just need to get my eating on point. Any suggestions? It is really easy to sit and snack all day... I have switched from potato chips and candy snacks to things like hummus and wheat thins etc... Just needing some advice as to where to start....

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Just start at a calorie deficit. That's all you need. Eat whatever fits in your calorie goals for the day and nothing more. You'll lose weight.

If you want candy, have a little candy. If you want some chips, have some chips sometimes. The trick is that those things are higher in calories and you don't get to eat as much and still stay within your goal. So, it helps to balance those choices out with lower calorie options like fruit, veggies, light dairy, lean protein, etc.

For snacks at work, I like:
    Light String Cheese
    Popcorn
    Bananas
    Clementines
    Greek Yogurt
    Dole Frozen Strawberry or Banana Dippers
    Pretzels
    Apples
    Protein shakes

Eating some of these lower cal options means I have more calories to for dinner and snacks (including ice cream every night!). It's about balance.

I also measure and weigh all of my food so I know exactly what I'm eating.