The New Rules of Lifting For Women (questions)

I have been looking into getting this book for a while. I am having a hard time locating a physical copy (except online). Does it have worksheets or anything that would give the physical copy advantage over the ereader copy?

Replies

• threefancy
    threefancy Posts: 93 Member
    Not really. It's mostly text and pictures of the exercises. I picked up a copy yesterday at Barnes & Noble.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    I'm doing this with my wife right now and we love it. Love the exercises. Love the eating advice and a few of the recipes they have provided. I made my own weight tracking worksheet (excel spreadsheet) that I would be happy to send you, if you want. They also have templates on the new rules web site for free download, but I didn't really think any of them fit specifically with the stages they give you in the book. Anyway, I doubt you'll be disappointed with the book. As a guy, I still loved all of the info / advice.
  • I have the book.....I got it at Chapters.....it's a great book...the information is really good and the meal plan looks quite easy to follow and not too expensive or lots of weird ingredients....the book does assume you will be working out at a gym or at least a home gym with dumbbells, barbells and something to step up on etc.....I work out from home and I only have a set of Select Tech dumbbells.....I have no room for anything else....so I have had to tweak some of the exercises a little.....but it really is a good book.....I also recommend....Strong Curves: A Woman's Guide to Building a Better Butt and Body by Bret Contreras. good luck with your journey!!
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    I have it. I can't remember where I got it though. It doesn't really have worksheets, but does go into really good detail about the plan, includes some why and lots of how. Has the plan outlined pretty well. Does have a page that you can copy to use as your log.

There is a group on mfp for it, and you can download the workout plan into the JEFit app.

I have down 5 out of the 6 weeks of Stage 1. Then started over (several reasons) , and now am in week 3 of the 6 for Stage 1 again.

I think it is helping a lot. I feel stronger, including mentally, and although it could be my imagination and I never really payed attention before I can feel my biceps getting bigger and looking better.

If you want to add me you can.
  • Thencalisays
    Thencalisays Posts: 29 Member
    they didn't have it in store and it is like 8 bucks more expensive if you do buy it in store. I have the kindle and nook app so I think I will just get it that way.
  • glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    You can download blank worksheets from werkit. I got the iPad version of this book and regretted not getting the hard copy. I would suggest to order the hard copy from Amazon.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Not really. It's mostly text and pictures of the exercises. I picked up a copy yesterday at Barnes & Noble.

saw it at Books A Million two weeks ago.

and Amazon- because Amazon is amazing.
  • lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    I got the hard copy because after I read it once, I need to go back to certain parts and re-read them to either freshen my memory or look up some details. Personally I find it easier to flip through pages than swipe or guess what page it was on a kindle version. But seriously, there's no real difference, just a personal preference.

In terms of cost, I felt I could indulge because it's still so much cheaper than a personal trainer, hehe.
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    I have the ereader copy and I agree it's hard to flip to find certain pages... I suggest get the book... yesterday! Feel free to add me, I just finished with it and starting all over again, also there is a good group (NROL4W) to join that gave me this for the worksheets:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmBawuhJvld5dFBNQnRfMUNtU3F4TXc4YmdpWWQyRnc#gid=2
  • Thencalisays
    Just ordered it on amazon! I am excited, I had a $10 dollar credit so I splurged on one day shipping, i am sure they will muck it up and it wont get here until monday, just like they always do.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    I have it on my Kindle and haven't had a problem using it in the electronic version. I didn't want to wait for the book to ship to get started. I probably would have preferred the hard copy so I could bring the book to the gym when starting the new stages to double check that I am doing the exercises right. Honestly though I think either way works.

I am just about done with stage 1 now.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    I have it on my ipad, and I would only suggest a physical copy to make looking back and forth between workouts easy. But if you have an e-copy, you can download all the worksheets from their website.
  • Thencalisays
    we have a pretty decent set up, smith machine, dumbells and barbells so hopefully that is enough to get me going. Thank you so much everyone! I can't wait to get reading!