how short girls lose

Hello I just had a baby 5 weeks ago, I gained 42lbs during pregnancy! im only 4'11 so that's like 100lbs on a normal person, anyone have tips on how to lose weight fast I live in Florida and I love the beach and at this point I don't see my self with a swim suite in public! please help I need new friends for some extra support and tips..

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    "Fast" will make you very disappointed. Log your calories in vs your calories out and make sure you get a 3500 calories deficit each week. You'll lose quite a bit in the fist month or two but then you'll taper off and slow down. Your frame of mind that you want to lose it fast will only hinder your progress. First, change your mind...then, change your habits.
  • pinksmama
    pinksmama Posts: 40
    "Fast" will make you very disappointed. Log your calories in vs your calories out and make sure you get a 3500 calories deficit each week. You'll lose quite a bit in the fist month or two but then you'll taper off and slow down. Your frame of mind that you want to lose it fast will only hinder your progress. First, change your mind...then, change your habits.

Very well said!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    "Fast" will make you very disappointed.

This. The slower it comes off, the higher your chances of it not coming back, and less chance of looking "skinny fat". You could be at goal weight, but actually look worse in a bikini than before you got pregnant. That would just suck, so take it slow.

Almost ALL moms need to take the first summer after childbirth off from bikini-flaunting. I know I did. The body naturally needs time to recover, and it'll take a while.

-from a fellow shortie, so I understand your pain. 35 lbs looked like 90 on me, ack. :sick:
  • GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    This. The slower it comes off, the higher your chances of it not coming back, and less chance of looking "skinny fat". You could be at goal weight, but actually look worse in a bikini than before you got pregnant. That would just suck, so take it slow.

Almost ALL moms need to take the first summer after childbirth off from bikini-flaunting. I know I did. The body naturally needs time to recover, and it'll take a while.

-from a fellow shortie, so I understand your pain. 35 lbs looked like 90 on me, ack. :sick:

Agreed on all this
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member

Agreed on all this

Yup. I'm not too far off height wise. Don't go the fast route. Slow and steady. I suggest this link/group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13

Incorporate strength/resistance training, eat at a deficit and stay active. But also consult with the Dr 'cause you need to do it the right way with the new baby. :flowerforyou:
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Congrats on ur baby!!

I agree with all other posters, best to go slow and keep the results, fast isn't best. I'm also a shortie, it is difficult for us little ones as our calories tend to be more limited if worked out on tdee. I am doing the 5:2 intermittent fasting and i'm seeing results and enjoying it. That may be an option, although my sister managed to lose her baby weight by eating sensibly and running around doing chores and generally looking after the baby, she was constantly on the go!
  • Apinget
    Apinget Posts: 41 Member
    Like everyone else stated, it's more of a process rather than an overnight fix.

I'm the same height as you so I understand how different weight looks on our bodies in comparison to our taller friends and trust me, I know it sucks! My weight also has the tendency to stubbornly hold on for dear life (not sure if that's from being short as well?) and I've finally begun to see serious results in the last few months.

I started seriously working out August of 2013. Before that I was a cardio bunny, on the treadmill for 45+ minutes a day with minimal results. I've had tremendous results from weight lifting and eating clean. Through lifting I've been able to sculpt a sexy, tight figure that I've never had when I lost weight previously. My tummy is still clinging on but I'm hoping by increasing my efforts it will soon be gone (I'll admit, I eat a bit more junk food than I should...). It did take me a few months, it wasn't a magic pill that melted fat off and made me hot but I definitely feel and look better, not to mention I feel it's sustainable. For women our height we have a lot working against us in the weight department but having muscles helps keep your metabolism constantly working and doesn't result in a "bulky" or "manly" muscles unless you're working towards those.

Good luck! And if you aren't feeling bikini ready buy a cute one piece, there's so many fashionable ones out there! You just ushered a life into this world, of course your body is going to need time to recover, no need to be so hard on yourself!
  • RoyaltyThick
    RoyaltyThick Posts: 39 Member
    Thank all of you for your responses they all help motivate me. I cant help but to want my clothes to fit again and get out of these stretch pants! as far as taking the summer off NO WAY! I love the beach!!! the reason I still live in the SUNSHINE State. ANd please feel free to add me as a friend I need more supportive friends!