Next stop... double digit weight loss!

Options
chunkybun
chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
As of this morning, the scale was down 9 pounds from my starting weight of 184 on February 10.

I know it's likely that the first 3-4 pounds were water weight as I started weighing in after a very gluttonous vacation, but hey, I'll take it, it still means I'm at least 5 pounds of fat down.

One small step for a fittie, a giant leap for a fatty.

Replies

• melissabaillie2012
    Options
    hey I am 182 ....do you eat back your excersise cals? my goal is 150...
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hey! 150is my goal weight too.

I'm actually really terrible at counting calories. I find it stresses me out. I love to cook, and I hate numbers. I use my diary more as an accountability tool, ie- If I'm embarrassed to log it, I don't eat it.

Because I'm more of a visual person than a numbers person, I have just tried to reduce my portion sizes instead of counting actual calories.

Some tricks I use:
    1- using a smaller plate, so I can't fit as much food on.
    2- measure out a typical serving, then cut it in half, if I'm still hungry, I'll take half of the leftover portion
    3-drink water before every meal
    4-chew gum while cooking, so I'm less tempted to sample along the way (this one is huge for me)
    5-brush my teeth right after dinner to eliminate the evening snacking urges
    6-pre-cut and package vegetables, so they're easy to grab
    7-keep a jar of nuts or sunflower seeds on the counter, so it's the easiest snack to grab
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!