Running Low on Motivation

Options
I'm 6' 4" and 49 years old. Started out around 313 lbs, Joined MFP 1/6/14 at 303 lbs. As of monday I was at 281 lbs. Problem is I starting to lose some motivation and I need to get that fire going again. I'm still going to the gym 5-6 days a week but its starting to seem like a job. Any ideas???

Replies

• holleysgirl
    holleysgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

My suggestion...get out of the gym! I know you may be thinking good will THAT do me? I have a lot of weight to lose, and I have joined the gym twice....both times I found it was a chore to get there and would make excuses not to go. Why not try to find some things that are sort of outside of the box, like climbing stairs either outdoors or even in your house if you have them, skipping, try some easy weight training from home.....I am not suggesting that you completely stop going to the gym if that is what works for you, just get out of your box a little and try something different :)
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me like you need to switch up the exercise program. Whenever I start to dread my workouts, I try something new. I take a new class at the gym or I try a new workout at home. Fitness is work, yeah, but it's so much easier to stick with it when you can look forward to it. Simple answer, I know, but it works for me. Good luck, and great job on the progress so far!