Girl Scout Cookie Season

Options
2»

Replies

• FarTooJones
    Options
    The girl scouts need to sponsor a nation-wide 10k to being the recovery process for everyone.
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    and here I am....all sad panda and the like....because I DIDN'T get any girl scout cookies this year. :sad:

They are worth fitting into the dairy lol!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Three boxes purchased by me...so far. Do they even do door-to-door any more? The only ones I see are set up outside of grocery stores.
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Three boxes purchased by me...so far. Do they even do door-to-door any more? The only ones I see are set up outside of grocery stores.

They wouldn't even let us go Door to Door when I was a girl scout. My mother was the leader of my troop back in the day and when we went to the leadership meetings they discouraged it even back then, I imagine they flat out just say don't do it nowadays.
  • lindav7272
    Options
    I vote for eating the whole box in one sitting, it's super fun. I'm going to eat them anyway, so what's the difference!?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    This is all I have left. I have eaten .5 - 1 boxes a day for the last 5 weeks, so this is about half of what I bought. Just ordered some more Savannah smiles today.

9CA665BA-71BD-4293-A2D0-475626D909F2_zpsscb9qon0.jpg
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Samoas need a Thin Mint chaser.
  • piejin
    piejin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I held strong against all the girl scouts, but then I undid the hard work by buying a big log of cookie dough that was on sale at the supermarket. Probably should've just bought the girl scout cookies to begin with!
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Yes...yes I lost the battle...I ate 6 coconut cookies. :(((((( it's ok. :) It was well worth ITT!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options
    This is all I have left. I have eaten .5 - 1 boxes a day for the last 5 weeks, so this is about half of what I bought. Just ordered some more Savannah smiles today.

9CA665BA-71BD-4293-A2D0-475626D909F2_zpsscb9qon0.jpg

I would like your metabolism. Please and thank you.

I've gone through a full box of tagalongs in one sitting before. Refrigerated. Yummy! I *try* to stick to one or two at a time but it never works which means I can never buy them for private consumption again. :smile: I *am* good when we refrigerate a box at work tho. One a day and it helps that our new coworker scarfs whatever food we have like it's going out of style.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I just give the girls a donation and tell them to keep the cookies. But I may have a couple if someone kindly leaves a box in the kitchen at work.
  • Oldtimer_65
    Options
    A box of Lemonades and a half gallon of milk......heaven.
  • HedgeHugs
    HedgeHugs Posts: 80
    Options
    I ordered samoas and thin mints.....Girl scout cookie season is the worst for me because I can eat them for all three meals and still want more
  • whoajulie
    whoajulie Posts: 15
    Options
    I work at Kroger (grocery store) and we have a few Girl Scout troops selling them out front. I will have to find a way to politely decline when they ask me. If I have Thin Mints in front of me, I would eat the whole box! LOL.
  • hasta_la_vista_belly
    Options
    Ate about 5 thin mints a month ago. Have not touched them since despite all the coworkers leaving them all over the damn place and trying to pawn them off.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Samoas need a Thin Mint chaser.

Ooooohhh. I have 3 boxes of each and have managed to resist opening them for 2 weeks now (once open it's all over).

I should have some people over, line 'em up shot style, and have guests knock 'em back with some milk.
  • ninja8tofu
    ninja8tofu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    We, as a family, have bought around 10 boxes. My bf has no self control with them (he's the first to admit that, too). I've eaten a few, but reasonable amounts. Much better than last year.