Breakfasts To-Go ...?

Options
Rae123456
Rae123456 Posts: 23 Member
I usually end up sprinting for the door in the morning and making a quick stop at the gas station on my way out of town. Do any of you have good suggestions for recipes/breakfasts that are quick, easy, and "to-go"?

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    protein bar and a banana is what I eat pretty much every day for breakfast
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    this week I mixed eggs, mushrooms, spinach and feta cheese in a cassarole dish and baked. When done I cut it up and stored it in 5 containers for the work week so I can grab, heat up and go.

I change it up weekly, you can use any combo of meat and/or veggies you want
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Got to be scrambled eggs, with mushrooms and peppers. I make a big batch of this and keep in the fridge. I then wrap in a flour tortilla , heat in the microwave 1 minute and out I go
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs
    Protein shake (almond milk, protein powder, oats, pb2, banana, frozen fruit of any kind, etc)
    Egg sandwich
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    this week I mixed eggs, mushrooms, spinach and feta cheese in a cassarole dish and baked. When done I cut it up and stored it in 5 containers for the work week so I can grab, heat up and go.

Going to do this when i get home.. sounds delicious :)
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    1 slice of toast
    2 hard boiled eggs sliced and put on top
    1 slice of cheese

Put it in toaster oven until cheese is melted...whalah portable breakfast.

Plus if you have them all made and sliced before hand then it's even faster.
  • erind2017
    erind2017 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    A lot of times I have oatmeal in the morning, but I have the time to sit down and eat it. But if I don't feel like making it I have a Belvita Soft-Baked biscuit. I found out that the soft-baked Belvita biscuits are 40 calories less than the normal ones. They're a quick thing to grab and you can eat them on the go.
  • Rae123456
    Options
    See, I wasn't sure that eggs would re-heat that well. It's good to know that others have done it with no problems! :smile:

Has anyone ever tried the "Ninja" (or whatever it's called) to make smoothies in the morning?
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Protein shake and a piece of fruit or english muffin.

Pre-made quiches/frittatas. Instead of a casserole pan (which would probably be faster), I make them in cupcake tins so that they are pre-portioned and warm (or even thaw) out nicely. My fave so far is half ounce of black forest ham wrapped around the cup, 2 leaves of spinach, 5g of shredded mozzerella, a whole egg, and a sprinkle of herbed parmesan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. 30s in the microwave out of the fridge, 1 minute out of the freezer. 108 cals a piece.

I do the same thing with meatloaf and sometimes I mix and match. Those are 120 a piece.
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    protein shakes, pop tarts
  • Rae123456
    Options
    1 slice of toast
    2 hard boiled eggs sliced and put on top
    1 slice of cheese

Put it in toaster oven until cheese is melted...whalah portable breakfast.

Plus if you have them all made and sliced before hand then it's even faster.

Sounds great!
  • jazzcatastrophe
    jazzcatastrophe Posts: 54 Member
    Options

You can also bake this type of thing in a muffin pan for even easier portability (plus muffin sized things are just really cute)
  • Dreya711
    Dreya711 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I eat a protein bar as I drive to work every day. A couple of times I've pre-made some egg muffins (scrambled egg/veggies/ham or turkey baked in a muffin tin) and then freeze them...you just pop them in the microwave for 2 min. and those a great on the go as well.
  • CMoeDee
    CMoeDee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I work from home now so my breakfasts are kind of ...ornate now, lol.

But before that, I was a notorious snooze button addict so these were my go to's.

Hardboiled eggs and roasted potatoes
    Fridge oatmeal/Overnight oatmeal
    Protein bar + fruit

If I had a couple of minutes, I would microwave a scrambled egg over leftover vegetables and precooked sausage.
  • Rae123456
    Options

Pre-made quiches/frittatas. Instead of a casserole pan (which would probably be faster), I make them in cupcake tins so that they are pre-portioned and warm (or even thaw) out nicely. My fave so far is half ounce of black forest ham wrapped around the cup, 2 leaves of spinach, 5g of shredded mozzerella, a whole egg, and a sprinkle of herbed parmesan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. 30s in the microwave out of the fridge, 1 minute out of the freezer. 108 cals a piece.

I do the same thing with meatloaf and sometimes I mix and match. Those are 120 a piece.

The cupcake tin idea is great! Do you usually have to put something in first to "grease" it or is it pretty non-stick?
  • kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Summer oats are great to go http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
    add in some protein powder if you like and you have a complete meal.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

The cupcake tin idea is great! Do you usually have to put something in first to "grease" it or is it pretty non-stick?

You don't need anything if you line the tin with the ham, but if you were just going to put cubed ham (or other meat) in the bottom of the tin, then I would give the tin a quick spray. The meatloaf also greases itself.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

You can also bake this type of thing in a muffin pan for even easier portability (plus muffin sized things are just really cute)

Yes I tried the whole muffin things but found it annoying and harder to clean up, mostly because I have a cheap muffin pan and it always stuck to it. I found it easier to throw it all in the cassarole dish instead of pouring into muffin tins, must be the laziness in me.
  • trislaveck
    Options
    I use my good old Osterizer blender for smoothies. The basic one: soy or almond milk (Vanilla works great), banana, frozen fruit. Blend. It really takes 30 seconds. If I have time to be fancy I add a scoop of protein powder, or yogurt, flax seed, fresh fruit, greens, etc, instant coffee (though I'm off coffee now), peanut butter, etc.
  • erind2017
    erind2017 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    See, I wasn't sure that eggs would re-heat that well. It's good to know that others have done it with no problems! :smile:

Has anyone ever tried the "Ninja" (or whatever it's called) to make smoothies in the morning?

My mom has a mini Ninja and the only thing I've made in it so far is fresh salsa lol. But my brother has used it for smoothies and they are pretty good. He just threw in whatever fruits he wanted and some chia seeds I believe and blended it. I tasted it and it was pretty good, I just never have the time or I don't really know what to put into my smoothies because I don't know what fruits I would like in them.