self rewards

Options
carencae
carencae Posts: 25 Member
When I stareted my weight loss journey a year ago I wanted to lose 50# well I am at 38# lost. I look around wondering what to do for my self as a reward.

I have decided I am going to get a tattoo. I have never had one and have always been to afraid to get one. I am going for it!!!!!

So what will you do for your self when you reach your goals?

Replies

• Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Why are you getting a reward, you have 12lbs to go..

I wouldn't go with a tat.. can't return it if it goes bad..
    Can't sell it when your done with it.

Get a new laptop, bodymedia device.

Take some new photo's that you can be proud of
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a tattoo also, but I have a couple already. I'm just waiting on my back tattoo for when I don't have back rolls haha
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    being healthy is my reward!

actually, i don't do rewards because that's not how I tick. But I totally support anyone who can effectively use this to continue their progress.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    When I hit my goal body fat then I get to start bulking (which is harder than it looks, but sounds amazing right now)! If I hit my lifting goals I get bragging rights and maybe even compete. If I hit my running goals, then I get to do all of the mud runs and obstacle course runs. If I hit my martial arts goals, then I'll get to kick some butt and have a belt. :)

In the traditional reward sense, I bought myself new clothing that fits, sparring gear and several massages. On my list is a new bikini that fits, a tailored suit....um....
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Ink here too! I have a tattoo on my right shoulder blade that I still love, but it's rather faded as I got it when I was 16. I plan to get it either covered up or touched up and have the new piece wrap around to become a partial sleeve ending an inch or two above the elbow. I freaking love my back and shoulders, so there, along with the collarbone area on the opposite side, is where I intend for some more ink to go!
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    When I lose a few more inches of fat off my stomach I'm going to get my belly button pierced. I've always planned on a larger, intricate tattoo, but that's more contingent on finding the best artist for the job.

When I reach bigger goals like losing a pants size or falling below a certain measurement, I reward myself with fitness gear. Last time I got myself some new earbuds and a HRM. When I reach small goals like just keeping up on my exercise I might get myself flowers.
  • JefferyArnold
    JefferyArnold Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I have always told myself that if I get to 170 I am going to go out and get myself a custom tailored Gucci suit. After that, I'll wear that mother-effing suit EVERYWHERE!!!!
  • carencae
    Options
    Lol I love the Gucci suit post!
  • CometMeebru
    CometMeebru Posts: 122
    Options
    I like buying myself gift cards
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My reward for reaching my goal is to get my belly button peirced, but now I'm getting nearer (3lbs to go) Im starting to get scared!!
  • carencae
    Options
    If I ever get to 150 I am getting mine done!