Loose Belly Skin

Options
Hi there I am just starting out. I had twins a year ago so I already have some loose skin on my belly but I was wondering if there is a way to tighten it/prevent it from getting worse with more weight loss. (Not Surgery)

Replies

• fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Lose weight slowly, that helps your skin to keep up.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    With almost 60lbs to lose, it's hard to say what the end result will be. You're sort of putting the cart before the horse.

The best advice I can give is that skin is elastic and usually eventually catches up. But of course, it depends on how stretched/damaged it is to start with. I'd say use a good moisturizer and don't be too aggressive with the weight loss. But you may need surgery. Who knows?

Even with lose skin though, you'll be healthier and more fit at a lower weight and that's still a major plus.
  • tariksehovic
    tariksehovic Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    drastically increase grams of protein/day , this will dry you out and tighten up your skin

1.1g/lbs BW
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Nothing worked for me. I did everything right, drank lots of water, ate lots of protein, did weight lifting/strength training... I have a lot of loose skin. It's genetics I'm afraid.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I am not overweight, it has been 4 years since I had my last baby, and there still is loose belly skin :( Had c-sections though, so this maybe affects things too. My abs are really in great shape, but they are wrapped in a thin layer of loose skin. There is little fat there, but definitely extra skin. Yesterday my 4 year old told me he loves poking my belly when I am sitting, because it feels funny, like it is "watery". Thank you kid...