Plateaued something awful

Options
Last year, between April and August, I lost 30 pounds using MFP. Then, a number of things changed all at once.

I moved, so my daily walk to the train shortened considerably.

I started graduate school, so my schedule became less regular.

I got married, and then halloween happened, and the Thanksgiving happened, and then Christmas happened, and it was basically a drunken orgy of food, candy, cake, and alcohol.

So I ended up putting about 10 pounds back on. Now, I'm finally logging again regularly, and trying to get my workout schedule under control. I raised my daily calories (1300 was just getting too hard to stick to), and I've been studious about keeping to it as much as I can. But I'm not losing.

I'm 29 and male.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    of course 1300 is hard to stick to...esp when you should be eating a minimum of 1800.

Are you weighing your food?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    If your not losing weight you're not eating at a deficit. It's that simple. So you're either over estimating exercise calories, Not weighing and measuring accurately so eating more than you think or the figures you're working from are wrong.
  • tariksehovic
    tariksehovic Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If your not losing weight you're not eating at a deficit. It's that simple. So you're either over estimating exercise calories, Not weighing and measuring accurately so eating more than you think or the figures you're working from are wrong.

This is not always true, when you starve yourself your body also "HOLDS" the energy

As for not losing weight add some incline walking at 10-20% during your week as well as some HIIT session,

If your still sticking try moving some of your carbs post workout ...

Also if you dont mind me asking what is your : height,weight, Activity Level ?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    of course 1300 is hard to stick to...esp when you should be eating a minimum of 1800.

Are you weighing your food?
    Yeah, I can't stick to 1300 either - and I'm a 45 year old chick. :tongue: 1300 is less than my BMR, and I'm bettin' it's well below yours too.

So what IS your calorie goal, do you eat back exercise cals, and come in close to goal every day?
  • seatbeltblue
    Options
    @Amy Rhubarb = Yeah, I eat back my exercise calories and try to come in at my goal, which is 1650 after I scaled it back.

@tariksehovic - I'm 5'8" and currently clocking around 214, down from a high of 280-ish a few years ago. It's hard to do my carbs post-workout. I generally dont get home till 7-730 at night, eat dinner, and then I hit the exercise bike. Two days a week, I don't get home till near 11pm due to night classes, so I can't do the bike at all, but I walk for about 45 minutes to an hour those days so I try and count that. I have a desk job -- graphic design -- and I generally have twelve hour days, so I'm sitting a lot. I try and do 45 minutes on my crappy exercycle every day I can at the highest setting, which still isn't terribly hard (I've been logging at as "light effort")