Cutting cardio?

Options
Question, Can I cut cardio and up my light weight lifting and different workout moves like burpes and squats and still lose/maintain? I want to cut cardio to 20 mins a workout but dont want to if I will gain weight.

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes from creating a calorie deficit. A deficit can be created through diet alone or a combination of diet and exercise. If you want to cut cardio, do it, but you may burn less calories, so be mindful of that.
  • kinmad4it
    kinmad4it Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You do cardio for cardiovascular fitness. You lose/maintain/gain weight by eating below/at/above the amount of calories you burn throughout the whole day.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes from creating a calorie deficit. A deficit can be created through diet alone or a combination of diet and exercise. If you want to cut cardio, do it, but you may burn less calories, so be mindful of that.

This is true, but after you lif weights, your body burns calories by needing to repair the muscles you worked out. So I think you'd be fine reducing cardio and upping weights.
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Question, Can I cut cardio and up my light weight lifting and different workout moves like burpes and squats and still lose/maintain? I want to cut cardio to 20 mins a workout but dont want to if I will gain weight.

also, lifting heavy weights for about 30 - 60 secs. and resting for another 30-60 sec. to complete a set is in itself is like HIIT, this time around I decided I will do my cardio by lifting more high reps and explosive for e.g. clean up and press, deadlifts reset n go, etc. this are all good cardio protocols, so in relation to your question, lifting more would be my vote and to add a further deficit incorporate more lifts to your routine maybe 3 sets for a logging body parts, etc. goodluck
  • tariksehovic
    tariksehovic Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sure you can cut it to 11 minutes if you want just increase it to HIGH INTENSITY (HIIT)
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Thank everyone for your input. I have lost all my weight by mostly cardio and it just worries me to cut it down. I think Im stuck in a wrong mind set that you need a crap ton of cardio to see results. Well Ill try a new way and hope it works. Thanks :)