Finding Motivation

Options
Hi,

Im 21, newly married and looking to finally lose my hang ups about my weight. At a size 16, i look back and my wedding photos with horror as i was always a very active person and it seems a happy relationship has also meant gaining around 3 stone in as many years. I want to make friends so we can motivate each other :) Today i walked 10 miles and walking has become a bit of a salvation for me..... whats your story??

Jacqui

Replies

• DustyMarie506
    Options
    I'm 28 years old, and for much of my life, had never really thought about or considered that eating healthy and exercising was essential to my overall health. I come from a family where these things are not important. My parents both have a variety of health issues (diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, etc.). My mom (as well as many other family members) is severely obese which is leading to several of those health problems.

I don't want to leave that legacy for future generations. It's up to me to take care of this now. I have big dreams for my future, and I never want to get to the point where I have to say "I can't" because of my health.

I trained for and completed my first 5k back in September 2013. Since then, I have added MFP to my daily regiment as a means of tracking how many calories I am consuming (something I had never thought to consider before). Between that and adding various exercises to my routine (so I don't get bored), I feel that I am on my way to becoming the person I have always wanted to be. It not only makes me look better but it changes how I feel about myself...and I could use all the confidence I can get right now!

Thanks for sharing your story. Good luck to you on your journey!