Post Burn Effect, Myth or Fact?

albayin
albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
So far my undrestanding is after an intense workout, our body repairs broken muscle and requires eneger to do the job. Hence the more muscle you get, the more energy it requires. Is this true?

How does HIIT get in the picture? Can someone point me to some reliable source on the subject?

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    HIIT/Cardio is the best route into losing weight fast.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    So far my undrestanding is after an intense workout, our body repairs broken muscle and requires eneger to do the job. Hence the more muscle you get, the more energy it requires. Is this true?

The effects are single figure consumption of calories unless one is highly trained already
    How does HIIT get in the picture? Can someone point me to some reliable source on the subject?

HIIT is magic... Apparently...

Essentially working at higher intensities delivers a slightly increased Post Exercise Oxygen Consumption, which increases energy utilisation.

Intervals aren't special, but tjheyre time efficient. A 25 minute HIIT session will give you much the same energy usage as a 20 minute tempo session or a 35 minute low intensity session.