I just need support!

Options
2»

Replies

• freckles753
    Options
    and me for support just add me! Found that that added support gives me motivation to keep going x :-)
  • Watermelon398
    Watermelon398 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think that a good thing to do is to recognize that this is going to take time. I know speaking for myself I get frustrated by slow results, but fitness and a healthy lifestyle take time and disciple. Go slow. First start using MFP to log only your exercise or only your food (or only food on weekends) Then build it up until it becomes a habit. Then add to it.

Best of luck! Add me if you'd like to have some encouragement :)
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    Natalie I also put on 50 excess lbs in the last two years. Really struggling to lose. Restarted MFP today. Hope I can succeed. Wishing you the best. How many calories do you target each day? Russ

Russ, my daily in take of calories is 1230. That is what the computer told me to do after I put my weight in. Yesterday was the first day I kept track and I was at 1081 so I feel pretty good about that.

Natalie - see how your body is doing on that. If you feel lethargic, up your calories to 1200 (that's the magical guideline that you're not supposed to go under but as I mentioned, it's a guideline). Everyone's different so I won't say eat more to get to that guideline but 1081 could be too low and could stall you out on weight loss. Too much of a calorie deficit will stall weight loss at some point except for a very small handful of people (usually those with a metabolic syndrome, or carb intolerance, etc).
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Fake it til you make it
  • Babsie777
    Babsie777 Posts: 203
    Options
    I suggest adding friends you meet on MFP. That has really helped me stay motivated. I had friends and family join at the same time I did, but we all ended up fading away from MFP for some reason or another... Recently, I restarted MFP and decided to look at others who are where I want to be, and those who are where I am at. I started adding them as friends and they have really been encouraging. You can add me if you like!
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi Natalie,

I try to approach the working out and tracking the calories like a baseball player. I aim for consistency and try not to get too high or low. I count calories, but I work out the way I want to and eat foods that I like.

Since your knees hurt, you may want to stay away from running and try something with less impact. If you can see a physical therapist, you may get some good exercises to strengthen your legs and allow you to go back to running.
  • beautifullyblessed16
    beautifullyblessed16 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi Natalie! You have receive some good advice so far. I have knee issues as well and am avoiding high impact exercises especially lunges and running until I can strengthen my knees. I am currently doing DVD workouts to help rebuild my momentum back after my extended hiatus from MFP. I am 41 days in since coming back and have lost 10 pounds. Feel free to add me for motivation and support!