Food Diary

Options
Just curious what everyone tracks on their food diary? Trying to decided which of the selects are the most helpful to track in order to be successful.

Mine are: Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Cholesterol, Sodium.

I was tracking sugar but found that seemed to be in possible to stay on goal.

Happy Hump Day all!!!

Replies

• Sparklewolfie
    Options
    I just kept it at the default setting (calories, fat, carbs, protein, sodium). I would LIKE to track sugar, but nutrition labels in Taiwan do not list sugar content so that would be difficult ^^;
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I added fibre and iron. My iron is always low when I go to donate blood that I thought this woud be a good way to track it.
  • akaDumbo
    Options
    I do carb, protein, fat, saturated fat, and fibre. I used to do sodium but I was always under so switched to fibre now I'm always over on the fibre so both are good :happy:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Calories, Potassium, Fiber, Protein, Calcium, Iron

I do protein and iron because I'm vegetarian and those are things I can easily be way low on. Calcium because of its importance to both weight loss and bone health. Potassium I guess out of curiosity (it's almost impossible to stay in calories and hit it!). Fiber because it's important.
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    I track

Calories > Carbs > Protien > Fat > Sugar > Sodium

when i first used the site I was getting nowhere until a friend told me that too much sodium slows weight loss and watch out for all the hidden sugar. Originally i was just checking cals, carbs and fat.
  • twnzmom
    twnzmom Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I track everything the same as you except I track fiber instead of cholestrol. I guess the most important to me are carbs, fats and soduim. I think it what is important to you. Good luck.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I track everything the same as you except I track fiber instead of cholestrol. I guess the most important to me are carbs, fats and soduim. I think it what is important to you. Good luck.

Too much sodium can cause water retention, which might make the number on the scale higher. But it has no effect on fat loss. And if you're drinking enough water and not seriously overdoing the sodium, it's not going to have much effect at all.

As for sugar, I don't track it because it always looks like a huge number for me because I eat a lot of fruit. I'm not concerned with natural sugars, but it doesn't show a difference between natural and refined on here.
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I track Cal., Fat, Protein, Iron, and fiber

These I feel help me up with the most important thing for right now.
    I will adjust as I lose weight to add sodium & sugar and I will watch my fat more.
    The iron for girlie week, so I am not tired.
  • EmilyV80
    EmilyV80 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Sodium, Calcium
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I literaly change mine daily. I always keep: Calories, Fat, Protein, Sugar. I usually go back and forth between sodium and cholesterol. I wish there was a way of adding another category to be tracked because I want to stay close to all 6!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!