The Food diary is surprising or I need a *lot* of practice.

Options
2»

Replies

• wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Didn't surprise me at all how I got this heavy. I was WAY overeating. I was eating enough for 2 to 3 people all by myself. I am MUCH more aware now and very thankful for MFP. It has helped me get my life going in a much healthier direction.
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    But it's still hard to believe that that those things add up to the hundreds and hundreds of kCal/day that would be necessary for me to get as fat as I got!

Has anyone else had this experience? Have you tracked your food and wondered, "If I'm eating that closely to my target calories and I'm mostly eating relatively wholesome (non junk food) stuff, how the heck did I get to this weight in the first place?"

First, watch this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

Second, buy a food scale.

Third, it doesn't matter how "wholesome" or "junkie" your food is if it is more calories per day than you use. You will gain weight.

ETA: You mentioned that you aren't eating the snacks that you did before. For some, it's as simple as eliminating those and sugary drinks to get your calories down into a deficit. Yes, they do add up quickly, especially if you've also cut out fast food. It's amazing how many calories are in, say, a Sonic Blast or a side of rolls, dips and dressings, oils, things that you don't necessarily think about until you are tracking your intake.

Just watched the youtube clip, thanks, and slightly worrying lol! I cant now see where I have been going wrong!