Flabby arms.... Can you ever get rid of them?

Options
Ok I know most of you will know what im talking about... that flabby skin on the backside of your arm that flies in the wind like a dogs tongue out a car window! Does it get worse as your loosing weight or can you really get it to tone up with strength training? The last thing I want is more flapping in the wind!

Replies

• smilingrn
    smilingrn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    anybody?
  • happyfeet1993
    happyfeet1993 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of an expert but I would try tricep exercises! I have the same problem and I have started doing push-ups as my primary tricep workout. I can really feel the soreness so it must be working. Even if you just do knee push ups, start with 5 a day and then increase by 5 every 3 days!
    I also found this quick video that has a lot of very easy workouts!
    Check it out and lemme know what you think, I'm gonna take some pointers from it too!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i299Oy_zRz0
  • smilingrn
    smilingrn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll check it out!
  • MissB46
    MissB46 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yes you can...... (and yes I know you can't spot reduce - before anyone starts on me)

Any of the following will help with the dreaded bingo wing:

push ups - triceps push ups (narrow arms), triceps dips, triceps extensions -out of this lot dips and push-ups are the best :smile:

I do a lot of work with kettlebells which did wonders for my arms and upper body...and don't be scared to go heavy either
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Weights!
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can but it is not overnight like some claim.."tone up in 7 days"..yeah right! I do heavy lifting, compound lifts and it is MUCH improved but a slow process..at least for me. :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I don't have advice for you but all I know is as I go along (losing weight) I seem to hit periods of time where it is SUPER bad and then it gets better. Then a few months later, same thing happens. It seems like it tightens up a little bit naturally and then when I lose more weight it gets really saggy again, and repeat.

Although I'm not too hopeful for me personally because my mom and aunts are all the type who have been between 130-160 their entire lives and they still have super bad bingo wings ;-/