Had a total blow out today.

Options
I cannot get past the chocolate cravings.....it is what is keeping the weight on. Feeling very low for eating that damn chocolate muffin.:devil:

Belinda007:sad:

Replies

• Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    1 muffin? A blow out?

It's still early in the day. You have plenty of time to make better decisions and to possibly work the muffin off.
    Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • Belinda007
    Options
    I went over my calories by nearly 400 points. It is 11.10 pm here in Australia, time to go to bed. That is why I'm disappointed.
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Ah, well in that case....tomorrows a new day.
  • BellaCoconut
    Options
    I cannot get past the chocolate cravings.....it is what is keeping the weight on. Feeling very low for eating that damn chocolate muffin.:devil:

Belinda007:sad:

Okay, this is going to sound mental..but have a bit of chocolate everyday or every other day, if you really can't go completely without!!:wink:

For example, if you have a snickers mini ( i mean the tiny teeny ones in a pack ) its about 99 cals. If you're doing some exercise everyday there shouldn' t be a problem with enjoying your chocolate, as long as you are earning extra calories.
    I think its more manageable to just admit you like chocolate and enjoy a little, rather than eating a whole chocolate muffin and then feeling guilty, depressed and then beating yourself up about it!:flowerforyou:
    You can do it!!:bigsmile:
  • emilymae87
    Options
    tomorrow is another day....and really it's not bad to over eat some days because it helps with your metabolism...we all have bad days. Chocolate is a definite weakness for me to but i just try to remember that all things in moderation are good...if i'm denying myself something that I love than I will never stick to my diet....so enjoy the Chocolate but also try to work it into your point/calorie count for the day. And seriously, try not to be hard on yourself -- as long as you stick to your plan you can never fail. :)
  • Belinda007
    Options
    BellaCoconut, that is some great advice. Thank you.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    If you feel guilty about "cheating" on your diet, do something about it to make yourself feel better. Cut back a little bit on your calories for the day (not too much, don't starve yourself as "punishment"! and get put in a little extra time on your workout. Whatever you do, don't sit around feeling sorry for yourself. 1 muffin isn't exactly what I'ld call a blowout. It's certainly not worth stressing yourself out over.
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    1 muffin? A blow out?

It's still early in the day. You have plenty of time to make better decisions and to possibly work the muffin off.
    Good Luck :flowerforyou:

Totally what she said! You have all day to make better choices and possibly burn off your said horrible chocolate muffin. And you had one slip up, don't be super hard on yourself, we all have them. You live, and learn and move on. Keep at it!
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    Actually, the "muffin" part is way worse than the chocolate part. Go with BellaCoconut. She is spot on.
  • Belinda007
    Options
    I went over my calories by nearly 400 points. It is 11.10 pm here in Australia, time to go to bed. That is why I'm disappointed.
  • Belinda007
    Options
    :smile: Yes I am going with you BellaCoconut
  • LuckySue333
    Options
    If you know you did something you should not have... The next day do some extra exercise are cut backon eating. To make up for the 400 pts you went over.... BUT how many days did you go that you was under you calories are had excise pts you didnt use. You have to allow for that.. Just suck it up and go on.... You will be fine...
  • nettip
    nettip Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    WHEN IM IN NEED OF THAT CHOCOLATE HIT I HAVE A 60CAL HOT CHOCOLATE OR FOR BREAFAST I HAVE CHOCOALTE SPEAD ON TOAST AND ITS ONLY 150CALS PER SLICE DEPENDING ON BRANDING OF COURSE LOL
  • BellaCoconut
    Options
    BellaCoconut, that is some great advice. Thank you.
    :blushing: You're welcome!
  • amietest
    amietest Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I keep a bag of milk chocolate Hershey's Kisses in the emergency cupboard for those times when I just need some chocolate.

They are under 25 calories each, so if you just have one (and eat it slow) when you really want chocolate, it's not going to break any diet. To get to 400 like a muffin you could have 18!

On a bad day I line up 8 and have one an hour.
  • Fernella13
    Fernella13 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! I ate 5 slices of ham and pepperoni pizza last night. Now that's a blowout! But today I'm not beating myself up (which is what I would have done in the past) I got up and started eating healthily again. Im not going to get back into that vicious cycle of starving myself because of my indulgences yesterday. I hope you don't either. Forgive yourself and move on. You're worth it!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,428 Member
    Options
    Another good thing for a chocolate fix (not trying to hijack the thread!) is to get a bag of Ghiradelli 60% cacao dark chocolate chips. I looooove milk chocolate so I just know I really, really can't have it around. But I have a chocolate jones that I can't ignore and 8 little chips satisfy that craving for only 40 calories, 3.5 gms of fat and 4 gms of carbs and with it being dark chocolate, a little goes a long way and I don't mow through the bag.