Carb/Fat/Protein Balance off?

Options
Does anyone else feel like MFP weights too heavily towards carbs and away from good fat / protein? I feel like I'm ALWAYS over in fat/protein and eons away from my carb goal for the day.

Replies

• bellanean
    Options
    You can change it.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You can change your goals to suite you needs. MFP gets its info from a US gov't agency recommendation, but that does not mean it is "right" and everyone is different.
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I upped my protein and fiber per doctor's orders and just customized my settings here:)
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I also changed mine based on my metabolic type. Works much better for me.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Everyone's body needs different amounts of calories as well as fats/carbs/protein to run efficiently and maximize fat loss. I was appalled when I first logged on and this website told me that I needed to eat a mere 1241 calories to lose weight. If I only ate that amount, I would send my body into starvation mode. I need about 1500 calories to lose 1-2 pounds per week doing the exercise that I do.

That said, just play with the numbers...do some research and listen to your body...and manually adjust them on this website until you find the right combination for you.