Need some advice...

Options
I am taking my six year old niece to the movies on Friday and am dreading it because of all the goodies at the movies. Trying to decide the best option. I don't know if I should try to avoid it all together or exercise longer to get a few extra calories added to my day. Any advice? Much Appreciated :)
Erin

Replies

• H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    depends if she's a candy or popcorn gal! :wink: (you too)... if you feel you want/need a treat, just do a little extra exercising. And make sure to bring a bottle of water to the movie!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Do you have a big purse? Haha. I never buy anything at the movies, such a waste of calories and money. I fill up a water bottle and tuck it in my purse. I also pop a bag of low calorie popcorn at home and put it in a ziplock bag and take it with me. I'll usually throw another healthy snack in there, like a bag of nuts or a granola bar, in case I'm hungry. I've never really been big on movie theater food anyway, aside from an Icee, but being prepared takes away the temptation to buy junk and you'll have healthy snacks to share.
  • leslieheb
    leslieheb Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My friends and I usually take a big bag as a purse, pop our own low calorie pop corn and water or whatever else we want.
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I don't know if your theatre has this but I do it with my son. I get him the kids pack which comes with a small soda, small popcorn and a small candy. That way it is his treat NOT YOURS. So you wont have the desire to nibble his candy. But I do indulge in the popcorn and a diet coke. I just dont have them coat the popcorn with tons of butter and salt. Best of luck!
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    I agree with 00Trayn. I do the same thing. I take a big purse and portion out what I need versus what I want. I keep my own snacks. Let money and calories!
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    YEP - mee toooo! I pop a bag of 100 calorie popcorn and take 100 calorie pack twizzlers and have a water or tea and stash it in my purse. This way I don't feel too guilty!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    This is what we do when we take my little cousins or my BF's cousins out to the movies...we go to McDonalds first (which doesn't sound great but at least you have choices there that could be healthier) and then that is the treat. They (the children) may get one thing of candy or small popcorn and a small drink, and then we get diet drinks and go in. That way instead of fueling up on junk there, we get something before hand and really don't need it at that point when we get to the movie theater, we are already full. :) Hope this helps a little! :) (or the big bag with stuff already packed in it thing works too! :) lol)
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Definitely plan ahead... take your own snacks. Don't forget your water! :-)
  • rosef17
    Options
    I take my own snacks and water - definitely double winner, cheaper and healthier!:wink:
  • danedane02
    Options
    Help me im new to all this and i need to loose weight....
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I also vote for big purse option.
    Take some almonds, or some dried fruit. Low cal popcorn, edamame, other veggies.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I do the big purse, water, chips/pretzels and sometimes bring my own candy...just a few pieces of chocolate or something. Then you're not denying yourself and you're making a smart decision!
  • ekoepke413
    Options
    Thanks for all of the GREAT advice... it is exactly what I needed. She always gets that kids pack and I am going to "stash" a bottle of water, 100 calorie pack of chips (cause I am a salt eater more than sweet) and a granola bar... that way I feel like I am getting a sweet in reality I am not. I really, really appreciate all the advice. I will keep everyone posted on how it goes :flowerforyou: