No more lifting/muscles. ALL ABOUT THE RUNNING.

Options
2»

Replies

• NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Also, you burn more calories for the 48 hours recovering from your lifting session...muscle repair requires energy (calories) I workout 6 days per week and lift and do cardio on my non-lifting days with no issue and I'm logging in a good 80-100 hours on my bike...you really shouldn't have an issue.

Biking yes, running maybe not. I can tell you that, at 44 years of age, I am struggling to do my runs the day after squats and deadlifts. Sometimes you have to make a choice or adjust your workouts or skip a run based on joint/muscle recovery.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I need some help. You see, i've got myself in a little jam. I really want to work out every day. without fail. i want to burn at minimum 500 calories a day. However, i find when i lift/work out my muscles, i'm often way too sore to get a decent workout in the next day.

I've resorted to cutting out the toning and to just focus on cardio. Cardio doesn't make me sore and it burns more calories which is good for me because I want to loose 15 pounds.

In addition, i'm naturally a muscley build. I'm an ex gymnast so i feel like building muscle isn't really my worry. I just need to shed the pounds.

Can anyone tell me if i'm off the mark here?

Is this a bad idea?

HELP!

Resistance/strength training is a great way to burn body fat. As it has been said above, you continue to burn calories long after your workout has finished. I dropped all of my weight by having strength training as a big aspect of my fitness routine. Also, watch this video about the dangers of only doing lower level cardio for exercise with calorie-restrictions. It's by Lanye Norton, a Phd in metabolism, a natural body builder/powerlifter, and a highly regarded fitness competitor coach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHHzie6XRGk

Allan