Canadian Eh! Down 152lbs in less than 6 months

Options
2»

Replies

• tecobird
    tecobird Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive comments. You guys are great!
  • michellewelch2010
    michellewelch2010 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful success story, eh? ;) You've done great, especially over this long and cold, cold, cold, cold winter!
  • Nascha333
    Nascha333 Posts: 56
    Options
    That is amazing, you look amazing! Truly inspirational! Congrats on how far you've come in such a short period of time too! :)
  • tecobird
    tecobird Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome feedback and Def. a lot to think about. I think back to when I thought of surgery the first time. That time it was for Lap Band. When the Dr.'s contacted me I said no because I had lost 20lbs in one month. Shortly thereafter I started to gain again. That was maybe 4-5 years ago. This time I have done way better and NEVER expected to go this far and have this much success. I began at 543.7lbs how embarrassing!! I know I am below 390 (I will update the actual 6 month loss on my Facebook page Tuesday morning lol). The dietician I have been speaking with at the clinic states that I lost more in 4 months in their 6 month program than anyone else has ever lost in 6 months and their program has been running for 7 years. I look forward to my last appt. on March 19, 2014. Its almost as if I want it there as a security blanket, if that makes sense?? I told that to the dietician last visit as well. I informed that I probably would pull out of the surgery if I was still doing well (which I am) but would not do It until the last possible day. The first day when I spoke with the surgeon I remember him saying that there is 5% of the population that can do this on their own. I truly believe I am one of those little percentage of people who can. I know one thing for sure... there is no way that I can stay this big with the way I am eating and exercising. It is inevitable that this body is going to shrink and that feels GOOD!!!
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm so impressed by your weight loss. I'm even more impressed that you're considering the possibility that you may not go the route of weight loss surgery. Obviously, you've discovered something great about yourself. Very well done.
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great success!
  • D_T_H
    D_T_H Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    congrats my fellow canadian I too have been doing same eating around 2000 cal a day I used to be 512 lbs now I'm 394 lbs didn't come off as quick as you did but I only just started the calorie watching when I started here of mfp before that I just quit the fast food taking a step further now and increasing my exercise and watching calories its amazing how much better I feel I'm sure its the same for you to keep it up we can all do this one day and step at a time
  • hookemhorns2013
    Options
    That is so awesome!
  • elainehannah
    elainehannah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm blown away by your success so far and just know you can go all the way - you are doing all the right things. And you have an amazing attitude. I look forward to seeing you reach your goal. Hang in there, eh!
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great - keep up the great work and if you can do it without the surgery, do it. Do what works for you - you will always find support here.
    I will share your story with my sister - she is at least 100 pounds heavier than me and due to some health issues, has lost some weight due to diet modification. I am trying to encourage her - she thinks someone her size cannot do it. Thank you for the inspiration (and hopefully for some motivation - I want my sister back moving and happy).
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of what you have accomplished. Please consider doing this yourself. Rather than having major surgery where they reroute your gastrointestinal intentional track to permanent starvation route. I believe that maintaining a 100% functional system will leave you with better long term health. Best!
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wow, look at you! You should be soooo proud of yourself. Congrats!
  • lovefool63
    lovefool63 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow Canuck, you are doing awesome. Keep up the excellent work !
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hey good luck
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work, eh?!
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Fabulous progress! FR sent:)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I began using myfitnesspal the very day I began losing weight (day 177 on March 6th). I started off at 543lbs on Sept 11th, 2013 and next week will be 6 months I have been on my personal diet. I am currently a candidate for Bariatric Surgery but at the rate im going?? Who knows? I have a lot to think about the next few months about if I want to proceed with the surgery or not. I update progress daily at www.facebook.com/tecosdiet . Using myfitnesspal has really been beneficial to me. Feel free to send me a request, the more on this journey, the merrier! :)
    Incredibly proud of you! I say keep going, you've got the strength to do this, look what you've already done alone! It never ceases to amaze me how much can be lost without surgery. I understand some need it to live but story after story on here I read about how many decide to cancel it when their date for surgery comes up.

Best to you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!