New here - Looking for friends :) PCOS friends?

Options
Hi there, I'm 20, looking for friends in the 20+ age group :) Trying to loose some weight and tone up to help manage my PCOS. Looking for some other girls out there with PCOS trying to get fit for their fertility and to mange the condition in general :)

Also just looking friends in general! A few things I enjoy - Photography, art, music, interior design and dystopian movies!

Come talk! I'd love to meet some new, friendly motivated people ready to get fit!

Replies

• Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm in the same boat - 27 & PCOS. Trying to lose weight for fertility and also just to manage it. Always looking for more friends! PCOS makes it such a pain in the A to try and lose weight. My doctor has me taking Metformin 2x/day which is supposed to help. Feel free to add me! :)
  • Bellevolupte
    Options
    I am in the same boat as Miss_Baldi86 actually! I just restarted using this yesterday and could use any friends / encouragement along the way. Feel free (either of you) to add me. BTW: have you had any issues on Metformin? I take 3 pills once a day and this last month have had some issues.
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as Miss_Baldi86 actually! I just restarted using this yesterday and could use any friends / encouragement along the way. Feel free (either of you) to add me. BTW: have you had any issues on Metformin? I take 3 pills once a day and this last month have had some issues.

I've been on it for several years, so I don't have any issues anymore, but when I first started them I did have some stomach pain/discomfort, which my doctor had warned me about. She had me take only one 1 pill per day for the first week, and then had be increase to 2 pills per day after that, to help my body get used to it. She also told me to take them with my 2 biggest meals of the day, not necessarily once in the morning and once at night, so I try to stick with that. Usually breakfast is my smallest meal of the day so I typically take mine with lunch and dinner. I'll add you! Great to have other friends on here who are in the same boat.