• mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Yes, also not sure if serious.

I take face wipes.
  • Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Ok so im going to be honest at the risk of sounding cruel!

To me, if you really didnt want the make up on, you would have thought about washing your face at the gym or the wipes in the car like numerous people have suggested, however it seems TO ME like you want to wear the make up so you posted this to see what peoples reactions would be like.

Like most have said....who cares? If you feel you need the make up, use it, if people talk, so what? Do what you want to do, not what others expect you to, so be happy with your own choices.
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If this is a problem for you, I think you may need to question if you really want to work out.

Don't worry about it, or buy some wipes, most women I know carry make-up wipes, if you don't is it possible to get some?
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Confession: I don't give a rat's patootie what people think of me and you should borrow that quality from me.

Work out and kill at it.

That's all.
    Have a good day. :flowerforyou:

This

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Also adding:

I'm the only person at my gym that sits there mouthing the words to every single song obnoxiously.
    I simply don't care. I'm there for me, not for random people to judge me.
    What they do with themselves is their own business.

Even if they have body odor, all I have to do is move if it bothers me.

There for me, not them.

Nah, you're not the only one there mouthing out the words. Plus I always play along with the drumbeat. And sometimes I even sing out loud. (That's when people start moving away from me, but whatever, right? :tongue: ) OP: Do whatever you need to do to get to the gym and stop worrying about other people. Why care?
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    not sure if serious

you know gyms have bathrooms, in which there are sinks and soap. wash your face in the gym's bathroom

i dont want to live on this planet anymore
    LOL such a troll profile

But I still laughed

Seriously though, wash your face at the gym and stop making stupid excuses.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Bring your make-up remover with you and take it off before you workout or buy some of those make-up wipes and keep them in your gym bag or just use plain old soap and water and some paper towels.

Do not use what other people may or may not think of you as an excuse to be lazy. That's just lame...and I think you know it.
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    ...I hate to go to the gym after I get off work in the evening. My main reason? I work in a profession where I have to meet with elite clientele on a regular basis which means I normally have makeup on. I don't want to rush home and remove all my makeup, especially knowing I'll be showering after the gym anyways, but I don't want to go to the gym wearing makeup... I don't want to be THAT GIRL, you know, the one with the a full face of makeup, freshly blown out hair, yoga pants and a push-up bra -- the kind of woman all the other women in the gym just want to punch in the face for looking so flawless while everyone else looks like a big sweaty mess. So, instead I just skip out on going unless I'm fresh faced that day. Any other women have this issue?

Oh, one more confession...I've taken a selfie in the gym on one occasion, it was Super Bowl Sunday and I had the whole place to myself -- I wasn't wearing any makeup :wink:

I guess I must be THAT GIRL then. I don't go full on night club makeup, but I will have foundation, powder and mascara on 5am.

I also work in a profession where I have to meet with important people, and some of those people go to my gym, so I don't want them to see me looking my worst, ever. I want them to see me and think I've always got my *kitten* together, even at 5 am.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    eh, sometimes I have makeup on, sometimes I don't. I go during my lunch break from work and I really don't care what anyone thinks of me...well, except maybe my lifting form :bigsmile:
  • Rafter88
    Rafter88 Posts: 63
    Options
    Y'all woman worry too much lol Y'all look fine, chill
  • Chillyfrog
    Chillyfrog Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Confession: I don't give a rat's patootie what people think of me and you should borrow that quality from me.

Work out and kill at it.

That's all.
    Have a good day. :flowerforyou:

Agree.
    I don't care what anyone else looks like or wears to the gym.
  • ZeldaMarooner7
    Options
    Lol i do the same when listening to my music, even headbang occasionally to my Metallica and Rammstein songs :happy:

Metallica and Rammstein. *highfive*

I never wore makeup at the gym, I didn't care what people thought.
    As long as I had my music, I was fine.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I don't ever wear makeup. I wore it when I was in HS, and that was it... was going through that phase where you line your lips with black or brown eyeliner and smudge it with lip balm.... the Chola lips... thankfully, I never had the eyebrows. This isn't me, just a pic from google, but like this:

2eauxdx.jpg

Anyway.

BUT, I do know what you are talking about when you say you don't want to waste the day's make up. Sometimes, I don't want to go to the gym when I am having an unnaturally great hair day. But, I say... *kitten* it! What's the point of having nice hair if I don't feel good about myself. Messing my hair up at the gym will make me feel 100% better about myself, so I just go.

So, if this fatso can go to, you go too. Go to the gym, wash your face, and reapply if necessary.
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options

Also adding:

I'm the only person at my gym that sits there mouthing the words to every single song obnoxiously.
    I simply don't care. I'm there for me, not for random people to judge me.
    What they do with themselves is their own business.

Even if they have body odor, all I have to do is move if it bothers me.

There for me, not them.

YES!!! I mouth words to songs TOO!!!! At first I felt so stupid, but then I was like WTF, who cares! It helps me to push harder and keep going. So I say screw it, who cares what people think of me? Make fun of me?! I don't care. I'm there for ME not YOU!
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I don't think most people would notice/care if you walked into the gym with your office clothes and makeup on and changed in the lockerroom (if that's what you were talking about). My hubby goes to the gym and he's pretty oblivious to the people around him, he's in his own little world doing his thing.
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    To everyone who has posted, thank you. I must admit this has been a little bit of a social experiment. I’m generally very anti-body shaming and against negative self-talk and try to encourage other women rather than tear them town -- or watch the tear themselves down making negative statements about themselves.

During a conversation with a young woman it had been brought to my attention that there is this kind of slut-shaming around beautiful women at the gym. There is a general idea that if you go there looking at all put together than the assumption is that you’re not there to work out but rather to be an attention *kitten*.

I wanted to see what the general consensus of that was here in a fitness oriented community. I honestly rarely ever wear make-up to the gym – though anytime I do it’s because I've just gotten off work and am trying to squeeze a quick workout in before going home, which is why I staged my original post around that basis. Otherwise, most those words in my original post were actually paraphrased from an online article about women who wear makeup in the gym and the opinions of other women – because we’re the ones who are normally so hard on each other, when instead we should be encouraging and helping each other out.

So, thank you. I’m glad to see that the majority of the women who have posted have had something positive to say.

ETA: My one & only gym selfie -- It was raining outside so I went to the gym to get my run in for the day.

1607133_825702190790297_1812020098_n_zpsca698d30.jpg
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym after work often. I still am wearing my makeup from the day. My hair is pulled back and I intend to get very sweaty. It doesn't bother. I don't pay attention to those other people.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mwb4bwoCWe1rprhpmo1_500.jpg
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    cc680c4791786abc262def311bde0ac2-thumb.png
    makeup_at_gym.jpg

"Obviously"

Way to question someones agenda via non-original internet picture before you know anything about them. Shouldn't you be working out at the gym and not judging people? This is why people are afraid of working out in public.
    I don't think you realize the OP posted this and I guarantee the meaning was way to the left of your disengenuous remark.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    No.

I can care less what people want to "label" me as.

I go to gym for me, not them. No excuses...
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    No.

I can care less what people want to "label" me as.

I go to gym for me, not them. No excuses...
    +1.