Bra question? Guys enter at your own risk! LOL

ambercole
ambercole Posts: 426
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
ok ladies. is there a sports bra that when you are wearing it under your clothes it looks like you are wearing a regular bra? i HATE HATE HATE the way sports bras look. The whole uni-boob thing is disgusting. I wear a 36 D so I have to have quite a bit of support but I would like to have some shape too. TIA.

Replies

• dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    I have a few that I purchased at Victoria's Secret that are pretty good about not giving the uniboob look.... of course with my A's it is kinda hard to tell I have boobs at all! :blushing: But I really do like them, very comfortable.
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Title 9 seems to have a good selection that fits the bill:

http://www.titlenine.com/category/bounce.do?nType=1
  • Try lululemon if you have one! They have sports bra's that look like a normal bra
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    I've seen some sports bras that have quite a big V cut in the front (enough that seems like you could even show off cleavage lol). But I haven't tried them, my boobs are sensitive to exercise apparently, so I have to go uni boob style, that or at one point I contemplated after doing jumping jacks taping them down so they can't move...ever. lol But I would try those, they might be more supportive than they look, they're about $30 each. I saw them at Walmart. :)
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    There are a few out there- they generally have little boob shaped pockets (for lack of a better way to say it) on the front but I have found them to not be nearly supportive enough. I'm a 38DD... I've given up and have consigned to having uni-boob at the gym.
    They also make some regular bras out of cotton that are racer backs that may be more supportive than a normal bra and give you more shape than a sports bra. I've seen the boob pocke sports bra at wal-mart, target and sports authority. The racer back bra I think I saw at Macy's (it didn't come in my size so I immediately blocked the location out of my memory :wink: ) and I know they have them at target. Good Luck!!:drinker:
  • mizyvee
    mizyvee Posts: 74 Member
    The "V" Sports bras at Walmart are on sale right now for $10 in Vegas. They even have the sports bras with support & push up, lol. Pretty soon I might have to solely rely on pushup if some of my weight loss keeps coming from the Ta Ta's :sad:
  • Title 9 seems to have a good selection that fits the bill:

http://www.titlenine.com/category/bounce.do?nType=1

Those look nice. Thanks!
  • I have sports bras that actually have underwires in them and separate cups - and they provide all the support I need. I'm a C-cup, if that helps :) I think they're from Warner's, or maybe WonderBra.
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    I have a great one that is great! But for the life of me I can't remember the brand. No uni boob at all, racer back with great support! I'll cehck it out when i get home tonight and reply again.
    I wear a DD, so the support is a big issue for me. the uniboob ones don't seem to support the way this one does.
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    I wish I had that problem! Since losing my weight I don't have any to worry about. I need a good bra that will make me look like a female:) I tried on a bunch at Victoria's Secret and even the ultra padded one wouldn't work with what I have so guess I'll just resign myself to looking like a little girl up top anyway.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    I wear 2 sports bras to contain my ta-ta's. there are better ones out there that cost 75.00 to keep the girls tight as well as not do the 1 boob look. But I rather by clothes than a 75.00 sports bra.
  • I prefer to have them mashed as tightly against my chest as possible. As an overflowing 34DD it's so irritating to try to run or use weight machines when they are bouncing all over and keeping you from good form. Not having a uniboob at the gym seems unsupportive and unsafe (haha). I actually get the quad boob effect because i buy my sports bras so tight.
  • pshontz
    pshontz Posts: 11 Member
    I found some supportive styles for large sizes at a specialty running store. I have liked one by Moving Comfort. You can find these on Amazon too.
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    i got one at walmart that is a bra-style with a racerback and bra enclosure in the back. its made by danskin and i believe it was 10 dollars. i love it because it gives the look of a bra but supports like a sports bra. hope that helps!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    I have a great one that is great! But for the life of me I can't remember the brand. No uni boob at all, racer back with great support! I'll cehck it out when i get home tonight and reply again.
    I wear a DD, so the support is a big issue for me. the uniboob ones don't seem to support the way this one does.

I'd really like to know what this one is. I'm a DD as well and having a hard time finding a good one!
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    I've fallen in love with the Aerie Fit bras (the padded of course...I hate it when they're "cold") haha...
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Haha, I hate it when they are "cold" too. :):):):):)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    I just got a couple sports bras at Walmart for $10, but they have zippers in the front, and the tab on the bottom edge of the zipper rolled inward after the first washing and now they gouge me. Not a good deal...so beware of zippers in front!
This discussion has been closed.