BMI 25.8 - back to normal

Options
I just re-calculated my BMI on this calculator http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/BMI/bmicalc.htm.

I know BMI has it's critics, but never mind - the point is less the number, more the distance travelled. I started out here in November 2012 with a BMI of 32.2. Now, 3 stone 2lbs later (that's 44lbs) I'm back down to 25.8. Officially "normal healthy" weight. I'm aiming for another 7lbs or so to give myself a little window where I can gain a pound or two without going "overweight" - and now I know it's so much easier to lose a couple of pounds than a couple of stone! I'll be monitoring it carefully!

Whatever the numbers say, I know how I feel, and how I look! I'm a million times more confident about my appearance now! I never dreamed I would feel like this! I thought I would live out my life hating my body! Now I'm preparing to play Mrs Robinson in the Graduate in July with my theatre group - a part I would never in a million years have dreamed of trying for before! The thought of skipping round stage in my undies is not longer horrifying!

I can walk and run comfortably without wheezing! Yesterday I walked a short distance with a couple of really heavy bags - not even that 3 stone - and noticed how hard it was, how heavy my breathing was, and thought - but that's how I used to be without carrying any bags! I also noticed how much easier I found it lifting the bags up some steps compared to a year and a half ago!

I had sundry aches and pains in my hips and knees and feet - now they're gone!

I had poor stamina, not much energy, and used to get colds that completely floored me! Now I'm much more energetic, and the last couple of times I've had a cold,they've been much milder! Coincidence? Maybe, or maybe my body's just stronger at fighting them off.

I've had lovely friendly support from lots of people here who I would like to thank from the bottom of my heart!

For those of you starting out - if it all seems impossible, so far off - believe me you CAN get to where you want to be! And it's worth every bit of effort!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Well done, I'm still working towards this goal but noticing a difference in my recovery already when I'm out running:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!