hi

Options
Hi all,

I'm new to the fitness pal.

Been battling with my diet for awhile, but had to change it quick as i was told 7mths ago i had Diabetes type 2 with mega high blood pressure.

My diet changes, were to cut down my carbs, fats and sugar, eat more fish/ white meat and less red meat. This helped to shift a stone in weight. Then i joined a gym 8 weeks ago and lost another stone and a half.

So with lossing that 2 stone and a half, went back to doctors for blood test results, and got a nice surprise when the doc told me, my results were all good, blood sugar levels are now normal 4.7 (instead of 10.8 and 6.9) and liver, kidneys etc are working fine.

Had a lovely surprise when I went to buy some new clothes, it was that good I had to go back and exchange them for a smaller size. (Boy did that feel good! Walked out of the shop with the biggest smile my hubbie has even seen!)

Sometimes I feel lonely as I'm losing weight and my hubbie is wanting to gain it. I feel that good about myself, I want to shout it off the roof tops. Don't get me wrong, my hubbie and gym my trainer are there for me all the way and they praise me all the way too, but sometimes I need a buddy who's going through the same as me. ( does that make sense?!)

Take Care

No pain, No weight lose!

Krazijo

Replies

• SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

Great job and changing your lifestyle and seeing results so quickly.

Karen
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Well, you've certainly come to the right place! A wealth of information, and tons of supportive people to cheer you on! If you need a buddy, feel free to add me. :-) Welcome to MFP!