To Supplement or Not to Supplement

Options
I have had mixed emotions about this topic. For years i have seen my bother and even my husband use protein powders, pre and post workouts, CLA, you name it! I would really like others feedback on how they feel about taking supplements.

My personal feelings, some if not most are a waste! they cost so much money and there are no miracle powders, pills ect. that you can take to get skinny or even muscular. There are weightloss, weight gain pills there are so many things on the market its hard to chose what is safe for your body.

On the other hand, i feel as if multi vitamins, fish oil. COQ10 and things of this nature are beneficial to those who suffer from a lack of nutrients in those areas.

I feel a bit torn, or maybe i have had some bad experiences. If anyone could give me advice on what they recommend or do not recommend that would be WONDERFUL!!!!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I have had mixed emotions about this topic. For years i have seen my bother and even my husband use protein powders, pre and post workouts, CLA, you name it! I would really like others feedback on how they feel about taking supplements.

My personal feelings, some if not most are a waste! they cost so much money and there are no miracle powders, pills ect. that you can take to get skinny or even muscular. There are weightloss, weight gain pills there are so many things on the market its hard to chose what is safe for your body.

On the other hand, i feel as if multi vitamins, fish oil. COQ10 and things of this nature are beneficial to those who suffer from a lack of nutrients in those areas.

I feel a bit torn, or maybe i have had some bad experiences. If anyone could give me advice on what they recommend or do not recommend that would be WONDERFUL!!!!

You nailed it, many are a waste of money. Some may be beneficial if your diet is lacking in certain areas etc