Is there such a thing as trainer etiquette/loyalty?

Options
I belong to a gym with a number of trainers who also teach classes that I take. I like them all for different reasons.

they are always trying to get me to do personal training sessions.

I was trying to coordinate a date with one since Tues AM, but haven't been able to agree on a mutual time. Is it bad if I try someone else who may fit with my schedule better?

I hate the idea that I have to see them all the time at the gym and I may have offended one of them by not being "loyal" but my work doesn't really allow me much flexibility timewise and I need someone who can at least say I'm not available tomorrow by the end of the day.

I have not had an actual session with any of them yet.

Replies

• blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    If you have a scedule that they cannot fit in with the diary then chose another one. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    If you haven't even had a session with any of them why would you think you owe them any sort of loyalty?

It's great to want to be loyal but don't let it get in the way of your own needs.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    If you haven't had an actual session, I don't see why you'd feel any particular loyalty to anyone.

One of the things about being a trainer is that (s)he needs to be available when you need them to be. Assuming your job has you working regularly scheduled hours (ie: every Monday is 9-5; not some Mondays 9-5, some Mondays 7-3), then whichever trainer has an opening that works with your schedule is the one you should try.

If any of the other trainers seem annoyed, just let them know that - since they couldn't agree to your schedule - you had to go with someone else. They shouldn't be offended.
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    This is actually a good question.

I have the same thing at my gym. In the end I did what was right for me, what's the worst that could happen?

The other trainers MIGHT take it to heart but they will feel as though they don't have the right to say anything to you & it will soon be forgotten. If they take you for classes anyway its not like you cut them out completely :)