"Clean" Bread

Options
bmannen1
bmannen1 Posts: 77 Member
I love bread and was having a hard time thinking about giving it up them I found this recipe for clean bread using my bread machine. Hope you like:)

1 ½ Cups warm water
¼ Cup honey
½ tsp. salt
2 tbsp. coconut oil
4 ¼ cups whole grain flour
2 ¼ tsp. yeast

I add it all to the bread maker in the order listed and put it on the dough setting. When the dough is finished I roll onto the counter cut it in half and put one half in a Ziploc bag to freeze and the other half in a greased loaf pan. Let it raise on the counter for 45 min and bake at 350 for 30 min. When I am ready to cook the other half I let is thaw in the fridge then put in a greased loaf pan and let it raise for 3 hrs bake at 350 for 30. YOU DONT HAVE TO DO THIS. I just don't like the loafs that come out of my bread maker. You can simply select a bread setting instead of dough.

(when I bake half the load)
140 Cal, 0.6 fat, 0.5 sodium for 2 slices,30.4 Carbs, 2.4 Fiber, 4.6 Sugars, 5.1 Protein

Replies

• isisbryan
    isisbryan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Is the yeast a "clean" ingredient? I am new to the clean eating lifestyle.
  • gonesewing
    gonesewing Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I am going to try this, I like your idea about just using the dough setting. I don't like the way mine bakes up as well. Does a great job when I use it for pizza dough.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Bump. That this pretty low cal for whole wheat bread too.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish, will have to try this. Thanks so much for sharing.
  • BlessedHeart
    BlessedHeart Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    *BUMP* Thanks for sharing!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I love whole grain bread, but I've always heard flour of any sort is too processed to be considered "clean". I thought clean meant minimal processing.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I love whole grain bread, but I've always heard flour of any sort is too processed to be considered "clean". I thought clean meant minimal processing.

No one knows what "clean" means. The Orowheat bread I eat has never had any dirt on it. So it's pretty clean IMO. :wink:
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

No one knows what "clean" means. The Orowheat bread I eat has never had any dirt on it. So it's pretty clean IMO. :wink:

So, when someone says "clean eating" they may mean something other than minimally processed (or unprocessed) foods? Do you mean on myfitnesspal, or in general? I thought it had a pretty standard meaning.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Zombieeeeeeeee! Good call emily_stew.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Sounds fund, but I like my bread extra dirty ;)