Which of these bridesmaid dresses should I choose?

Options
_lyndseybrooke_
_lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
I was asked to be a bridesmaid in a friend’s wedding in May. She picked out the color champagne for the dresses, but is allowing us to choose our own style. I haven’t been able to find a single thing in a store, so it appears I’ll have to order something from online.

I’ve chosen to order from a company through Amazon called CocoMelody even though the $30 shipping cost is outrageous, simply because you can’t beat the fantastic reviews. I’m trying to choose between these two dresses:

One: http://www.amazon.com/Landybridal-A-line-Length-Bridesmaid-Champagne/dp/B00B1OSW8Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1394206002&sr=1-1&keywords=corset+champagne+dress
Two: http://www.amazon.com/Landybridal-Corset-Length-E22659-Champagne/dp/B00B1OSLLY/ref=sr_1_2?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1394206002&sr=1-2&keywords=corset+champagne+dress

Yeah, yeah, I know they’re very similar, both being knee-length strapless corset dresses. Both have great reviews as well. It’s a rustic-theme wedding, so we’ll be wearing cowgirl boots (that I have yet to purchase). So, I’m wondering which of these dresses would probably look best with the boots. They both have the corset tie-up back with a side zipper that many have had issues with, but is easily fixed/replaceable. The obnoxious flower is detachable on both.

For reference, I’m about 5’5” and 135 lbs. I’m ordering a medium and will take it in if I need to.

So, let’s take a vote: one or two?

Replies

• SweetTrouble_
    SweetTrouble_ Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I vote #2
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
  • drangonfly2323
    drangonfly2323 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I prefer #2, but they are both really cute.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
  • Keliandra
    Keliandra Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    #2 will make your waist look smaller
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I like the retro look of number one. Kind of pin-up-y.
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Definitely #2. I'm sure you'd look beautiful in either. :smile:
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    #2. has more detail in the dress :)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options

Something about 1 just doesn't sit right. I think it's the pleating on the skirt make it look heavy or matronly?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Champagne dresses with cowgirl boots. I'd end the friendship.
  • fruitsalad15
    fruitsalad15 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I think 1 looks more classy! Both are very cute and I think perhaps 2 would go better with the boots having the different layers on the hem line!
  • KateRepine
    KateRepine Posts: 60 Member
    Options
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    #2, top is more flattering and I agree that it will make your waist look smaller. :)
  • HedgeHugs
    HedgeHugs Posts: 80
    Options
    Oooooo #2
  • disneygirl626
    disneygirl626 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm in the minorite but #1 is simple and classy. I like that one better.
  • 82jeh
    82jeh Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    #2 :)
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I think given the context that you can't control, #2 would look "better" with the boots.
  • treineck
    treineck Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    #2, but it would be really cute if the top of #1 had the bottom of #2...then it would be perfect lol
  • TomTomato
    TomTomato Posts: 223
    Options
    #1. But I am a 48-year-old dude. So take that with a grain of salt...
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    I like them both but I think I like #1 better.....it will come in nicely at the waist and show off your waist well and I like that fact that it's not quite as floofy as the second one....in my opinion, less is more.....and especially if your boots might be a little elaborate....to have two items that might be a little busy, would take away from both....but they are both lovely....:)